How to get back on track after falling off for a month?

Options
So I was going strong sense June. But the past month I took a break from tracking and slowly creeped back into old habits mostly over eating. The past week I’ve been trying to jump back into it but I’m having a hard time cutting back on my calories so much after eating much more for the past while. Plus all this darn Halloween candy laying around is not helping ( the kids not mine)
What have you guys done that has helped! So far I’ve been drinking tons of water and trying to eat lots of veggies!

Replies

• mariececilia10
    mariececilia10 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I’ve been missing the mark the last two weeks. What I’m mainly doing is trying to stick to my workouts as much as possible, since this usually helps me stick to my calories more easily. I’m also slowwwly trying to shave down my calorie intake, back to being in a deficit. I’ve been loosely tracking so I know at least a ballpark figure of where I stand. I’m also going to lessen my deficit, so I adjusted my goals to give me more calories. Also, probably one of the most important things is that I keep reminding myself that it’s better to take action now than wait, because if I wait I’ll likely be in a less desirable place later on, say one year older and 20 lbs heavier.
  • MeganReid1991
    MeganReid1991 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Love this guys! I’m going to allow myself a bit more calories and start tracking everything! Also maybe
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Just get back on track. Last month is in the past. Look forward and just start somewhere, and it'll all come together again.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    On top of going slowly, I would also suggest not making changes you can not stick with. The more restrictive you are with calories and food choices the less likely you are to stick with it and fall off the wagon again. If you replace an old habit with a new one that is not sustainable the old habit will come back.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Just start teacking. Even if you go over your calorie goal, track it. Tracking is the first step to being accountable to yourself. Don’t stress if you have s bad day. Just track it and decide on what one thing you can do better the next day. Small changes add up. Forgive yourself and just start. Don’t wait until tomorrow. Track now. Today.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    What caused you to take a break? Is it something likely to recur? You don't need to answer here but you should probably think about whether what you were doing from June through September is sustainable.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    When I come back after a break, I plan out my calorie intake the day before, and make sure that (1) my deficit is reasonable and (2) I have sufficient protein and fats (the rest is carbs). I, too, feel more hunger when I am first into a deficit and so I plan for protein snacks and to be engaged doing something so that I am not sitting around thinking about the fact that I am hungry.

You can do it. Actually, it's good practice since the art of maintenance often includes decreasing intake a bit from time to time.
  • MeganReid1991
    MeganReid1991 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Defiantly was sustainable but I just took a break from tracking because I got sick and had a very stressful month.
    Then found myself eating more then normal and now I’m back to tracking. Honestly I had been doing super well and I’m going to keep going. It was just a mix of getting sick and needing a break from tracking and then stress.
    Happy to report that I did waaaay better the past two days and already feel a thousand times better.
    Been tracking and trying to not to worry about the number just make small healthy changes again.
    🙂