Why am I not loosing?

Options
I know you've probably had enough "why am I not loosing" type of threads but I could really use some advice:(

So I started just over a month ago. I'm female, height: 178cm weight: 90kg (it's about 5 10" and 198lbs). My job is sedentary but I'm in the gym 3-4 times a week, doing kickboxing once a week and weight+cardio on the rest of the days. My kcal intake has been between 1300-1500, the most active days on the higher end, I don't eat the exercise kcal back just eat at 1500kcal on active days. I log absolutely everything, every lick, bite, cooking oil, even stock cubes, everything. I use kitchen scale for everything.

According to MFP, by doing all that, I should have lost about 4kg. I've only lost 1kg, which is just devastating and feels very inadequate to the work I've put in. What worries me even more, is that apparently 0.4kg out of that 1kg I've lost was muscle mass! Is it just me, or is that a lot for a month? My daily proteins are around 70-75g, that's as high as I'm able to go without going low carb which is not working for me (tried it in the past, it was the worst 6 weeks ever, I felt horrible).

I would greatly appreciate any info/advice. I don't know what to do, I don't want to lower my kcal further, I'm already hungry most of the time on 1300-1500....also what do I do to stop muscle loss?

Replies

• _aenyeweddien_
    _aenyeweddien_ Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    How have you measured that you've lost muscle?

Why aren't you eating back exercise calories?

You can easily eat more protein without going low carb, by eating a more reasonable number of calories.

I know they're not perfect but I used the scale in the gym that analyses body composition and compares it to previous result, according to that I've lost 1kg of weight out of which 0.4kg was muscle mass. do you think my kcal are wrong? Cause when I first set the goals MFP gave me 1200, but that was just too low, I couldn't stick to it so i increased it to 1300.

As for eating back exercise kcal, I'm worried I'll overestimate the burn so I just add 200 extra so all together on active days it comes up to 1500.

Protein is a bit tricky, I forgot to mention I'm a vegeterian allergic to nuts and all protein powders I tried, whether it's whey or plant based, give me upset stomach
  • _aenyeweddien_
    _aenyeweddien_ Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    @ceiswyn it makes sense...I guess I expected too much too quickly. What got my hopes up too was the estimate at the end of each day when the diary is completed which was around 86 most days.

Guess I need to learn to be patient and appreciate every little step in the right direction