Help = I can't be the only one...

Options
Does anyone else get repulsed by food they eat too often? I mean nauseated at the thought? I do and sometimes it can take as little as a month and then the food repulses me. I'm doing better at getting crappy food on that list (cake is on it now) but really - now it's getting a lot of my fruits and veggies - and yogurt is the most recent addition because it was a staple in my diet. So much so that I think of some food (cake, granola bars, asparagus, yogurt, almonds, spaghetti) and I'm nauseated.

I guess I'm just looking for empathy. Tell me I'm not crazy and that I'm not alone in this.
I know it's in my head... but I don't know how to change it! I'd try hypnotherapy if I thought it would work for the cost.

Replies

• LadyLaw2Phd
    Options
    YES! I'll find some foods that I can eat for months then suddenly I want to vomit when I look at them. You aren't crazy, the body wants some variety and when it doesn't get it then it acts weird.
  • iquiltoo
    iquiltoo Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I haven't had that happen to me very often, but yes, it has happened. Mostly I am the other way - I can go on eating the same thing for long periods (like cottage cheese for lunch every day, if I add something to it like bacon bits).
  • Fat422long
    Options
    EGGS and BACON! Ugh. gross. My significant other wants eggs and bacon DAILY. I even got to a point where I don't even want to see it so he is on his own because I wont cook them LOL
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Nope, not me. I could puke up pizza and eat it again the next day.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    ugh nice
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Maybe if you rotated foods in and out more often the ew factor might be either put off or removed?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    ugh nice

Not sure if you are appalled or proud... :sad:
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    This also happens to me. But I just try and change it up so I never really get sick out foods to quickly. It really sucks because I don't get sick of the sweats, usually.
  • lbrittenson
    lbrittenson Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Eggs. That sugar detox completely ruined it for me. I ate 2 eggs a day for 21 days. Ive only had one since then. EEEEEEWWWW. Which sucks because its the best protein choice I have.
  • Far2shy
    Far2shy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I think egg beaters/egg whites are disgusting. I eat them because they aren't processed and I never see as good results when I eat cereal. Trying to find something better to eat for breakfast that isn't processed =(