Hello everyone

Options
amy19355
amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
edited November 2018 in Introduce Yourself
I’ve been using the MFP app since 9/4 when I relaunched my personal fitness program, hopefully for the last time in my life.

I”m a 5’ 4” tall 62yo female with osteoporosis who has 40 pounds still to lose (from my starting excess of 60 pounds). I have a desk job but with some flexibility that allows me to get a out 4000 steps in during the work day without interfering with my production.

My initial success of losing 20 pounds in 2 months is a faster pace than I want to continue, and so yesterday i bumped my daily calories up to 1500 (from 1200).

I’ve been almost daily getting in at least 7000 steps and shooting for 10K every day. I hit the gym 4-5 days a week and spend at least half an hour on the treadmill. I”ll be adding some strength training on the equipment to supplement the body-weight work I do at home.

I’ve been logging my food religiously - every single bite. I measure everything by weight on a digital scale that lives on my counter. I make almost all my own food from scratch and cook up weeks of meals in advance and freeze them,

I know that my personal history proves that I’m a candidate for failure to continue to stick to my commitment. Checking in here to the MFP community on a daily basis helps me to remember I’m not alone in this journey to personal fitness, even if each of us walks a slightly different path.

Good luck to me , and to you all!
Amyfb

Replies

• montylilly
    montylilly Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy- I just started my tracking yesterday. I also have osteoporosis and my goal is to lose 20 pounds, take 10,000 steps a day plus some step aerobics 3 times a week. Good luck!