I have no motivation to stop smokimg.

Options
acogg
acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
Please post pictures and reasons. I just can't seem to find what I need.

Replies

• arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Let's see...it's no longer in style, most people think it's gross, including a lot of smokers, it's expensive as hell nowadays and will only get even more so, it will wrinkle your skin, people give you dirty looks, you can't smoke inside anywhere any more so it's a hassle, you probably don't even enjoy it, it's not impossible to quit, even other smokers will be impressed with you for quitting...this doesn't even touch health reasons.

ETA: oh, I should add that I quit cold turkey 5 years ago, pack a day habit starting at 15. Yep, it was hard. Yep, totally worth it.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Nah.
    What else would you like to change?
    Start with that.
  • srhelm
    srhelm Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi

I had been smoking for about 30 years and started having issues breathing and wheezing at night. My kids were just moving out on their own. I lost my job and soon lost our home to for closure. We now live in a rental house. You know how people are always talking about how much smoking costs? Well I added up the cost of it at current prices and it came to around 54,000. This was about what we owed on our house that we lost. Now, I know I can't change the choices I have made in the past but I totally control my future choices and will never again give up my health or my families well being for my bad choice.

I really hope you can find the strength to give them up.
    Shelley
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    It's stinky. Is there a scratch and sniff option on this website?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    You probably smell and the smell makes people not want to be around you. And it probably makes your loved ones constantly worried about losing you.

But you need to find your OWN reasons. People never successfully change anything unless they really want to.
  • liormintz
    liormintz Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much on the same boat with you I hope to learn from your post here
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    At 52 heart disease/and or cancer are right around the corner. If that is not impetous enough , I dont know. I was like you, knowing the risks, kept doing it . Ended up in the hospital collapsed lung, needed a stent. My "numbers" cholesterol over was 183 , my hdl was very low due to smoking like 12 or something tryglycerydes fine. Numbers do not tell e verything. Stop before something happens, because it will. Russian roulette.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I think you've already heard all the warnings and everything else everyone is saying.
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    GOOD NEWS: If you had no motivation to stop, you wouldn't be posting about it on here, so you're already closer than you think.
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    If you can't find a reason from all the things you already know, there's nothing you're gonna find here that will help you, because you've heard it all before. For me it was when cigarettes hit 85 cents a pack!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    then you have no motivation to live... cool.
  • nomorepizza2
    nomorepizza2 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    There's away more effective nicotine delivery system available - Electronic cigarettes!! I converted 5 months ago and haven't smoked tobacco since.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    yeah ... slowly creating cancer is awesome.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    ^ Nicotine is still not good for you either.

OP, I've heard a lot of great things about Chantix. Give that a try.
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    how much do you smoke?
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    I decided to give up whilst I could afford it healthwise and financially.

I knew that once I retired I would have to give up because I wouldn't be able to afford them and if I got cancer I would have to give up also. So, I gave up 7 years ago whilst the choice was mine and not forced upon me.

I found it easier to give up than to lose weight. I had been smoking 40 years too.

Never give up giving up.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    How about bad breath, stinking clothes and hair, yellow teeth, increased facial wrinkles, shortened lifespan, serious lung damage, and looking older than you are?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,680 Member
    Options
    Your cilia can regenerate and your chance of reducing lung cancer to that of a normal person can be attained within 10 years. I smoked and quit over 9 years ago. My lungs show no ill effect (according to physical check ups) after smoking for about 20 years.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition