Cut wise given current weight?

glovell86
glovell86 Posts: 2 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I recently weighed myself for the first time in a while and came in way lighter than I expected. Currently sitting 9st 12lbs. Last time I weighed myself was a few months ago and I was somewhere round 11st. I never weigh myself and have only just decided to change things up and count my calories and use iifym. I'm putting the weight loss down to paleo diet and taking up crossfit.

I was planning on starting a cut as there's still a bit of flab around my belly despite mt decreased weight. My worry is a cut wise given my current weight? I'm 27 and 5'9. I'll largely be doing crossfit and hitting the gym intermittently, ideally just focusing on squats, deadlifts etc while there.

Thanks in advance

Replies

• kRcu
    kRcu Posts: 18
    I would say it largely depends on your bf%. I would say cut until you like your size and then you can bulk from there. You can still gain strength by lifting and keep that muscle during a cut. That's what I'm doing. I made my beginner gains quickly, but still go up a bit weekly. My fat is coming off and my shape is getting to where I want to be.

I say cut to your desired bf% while lifting.
This discussion has been closed.