Those who switched from a FitBit to an Apple Watch, was it worth it?

Options
I'm currently using a Charge 2 and thinking about upgrading to an Apple Watch (series 3). Thinking about it mainly because I have an iphone and a macbook so the seamlessness is appealing. I'd like to have music controls on my wrist so I don't need to take my phone out of my pocket/probably drop it at some point when I'm out walking or jogging. Worth the upgrade or no?

Replies

• swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    If you use Pandora to listen to music, you should know that there's currently no app for the apple watch. It's supposed to be coming out soon but it's not here yet. Apple music is great on it. Don't know about the other music apps.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I love it. I love that I can leave my phone in my pocket. I love how much more information it can give me about my health. For me, totally worth it.
  • stac3wa
    stac3wa Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I traded my Fitbit Charge 2 in for an Apple series 3 on Friday and I’m enjoying it so much! I use Spotify and on my watch can scroll over and skip songs etc as the app plays with through my phone. I do not have the cellular one, just the GPS watch. Definitely took the whole weekend getting used to it.
    The only thing I haven’t figured out (or if it’s even a thing!) is I’m used to looking at my Fitbit and seeing my current heart rate/burn and how long I’ve been doing it where with the Apple I have to unlock my watch to see.
  • cannedgoo
    cannedgoo Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I swapped out my Charge 2 for AW3 about 6 months ago. I love it and was sure I was someone who didn’t need a smart watch - just a fitness tracker.

I had a learning curve with the way it synchronizes (or doesn’t) my activity levels with mfp. I use Spotify and although it doesn’t have a dedicated app (soon) the built in music controls work on Spotify. It has a lot of fun ways to customize it and the data usually seems in line with what I’m expecting.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    You don’t have to have your phone at all to listen to music. Just make a playlist and port it to the watch app and set it to auto launch with a workout. Only bummer is it plays in the same order — no way that I’ve found to shuffle. Even stupid Siri can’t help with that.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I went from old clip Fitbits to the AW and haven't looked back, I love it.