BMI is 30,
body fat % - 36
Please help me out with Exercise and diet plan to reduce 50lbs.. thank you 😓😬

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    You are not going to lose 50lbs in 2 months. A healthy rate of loss is 1-2lbs per week if you're overweight.

Re-adjust your expectations, set up your information in MFP correctly and log your food accurately.

Log any exercise with conservative burns and eat at least 50% back.

Exercise is for health more than weight loss, weight loss happens in the kitchen.
  • smolmaus
    smolmaus Posts: 442 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Just for fun:

Losing 50lb is burning through roughly 180,000 calories (assuming 3600kcal per lb of fat) not counting what you eat every day.

If we say 54 days left in the year that's 3333.333 kcal per day.

Your sedentary TDEE (the energy you burn every day just by being alive and awake and not much else) is about 1680 so you have to eat nothing and also burn 1650kcal in exercise. That's running about 16 miles.

You can find lots of advice for achieving reasonable weightloss in a reasonable timeframe by reading the Most Helpful Posts stickied at the top of this forum. But first thing to realise is that this process takes a small-ish effort but you have to put that in every day for a long time. You didn't gain 50lb in 7 weeks so it won't come off that fast either.