3 week goal question

Options
I have a 3 week goal to lean out. I am not trying to lose weight per se but to reveal the muscles that I do have. I cut my calories to 1200 and upped my protein within that calorie amount. I work out 5 days a week doing weights and kick boxing.
Any other suggestions?
Thank you.

Replies

• flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I have abs, I know I do, under a thin layer. Just trying to see them. Thought 3 weeks would be a good goal for that.
    I am 5'4" and 130 lbs right now. Trying to drop maybe a few in 3 weeks.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to see if there were any suggestions
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    I have abs, I know I do, under a thin layer. Just trying to see them. Thought 3 weeks would be a good goal for that.

If you want to lose a little bit of weight, you'll need a reasonable calorie deficit. Is 1,200 reasonable for you? Do you know how many calories you need to maintain?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    As mentioned, 3 weeks is not a lot of time. If you are leaner and have a good muscle base losing a few lbs could make a difference, but if you are planning to stay the same weight keep in mind recomp can take months, years.

Just keep at it and plan on working at it for longer than that. Keep protein higher, follow a good lifting program.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    flippy1234 wrote: »

In three weeks, with that little to lose, you'd *maybe* drop 1.5 pounds -- presuming that you have a "safe" loss of half a pound per week. 1.5 pounds isn't going to do anything beyond look like a scale fluctuation.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    3 weeks is definitely not long enough. Just start with a reasonable calorie deficit and see where you are in a couple of months.