Diwali wishes and friends needed

Options
Spadhnik
Spadhnik Posts: 130 Member
edited November 2018 in Motivation and Support
Happy Diwali to all who celebrates.

Are there any Indians who would like to join in my weight loss journey?

That would be very helpful in discussing Indian recipes, saving calories on festivals as we have so many ๐Ÿ™„

Please add me as a friend..

Replies

• Deeptisingh
    Deeptisingh Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Count me in your friends
  • Spadhnik
    Options
    Count me in your friends

Sure, thanks.

Guess, I cannt add from app. I will do it from desktop machine soon ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Claiming your Diwali well-wishes and welcome Spadhnik.

I'm not ethnically Indian, however participating in the Festivities through family-friends for years was my norm and I do miss it very much, for it's not quite the same out here, even in the Greater San Diego Area.
  • Spadhnik
    Options
    True!
    I am far from the country too and miss the company of friends... Hence this post to reconnect with some new friends!!!
    Thanks for stopping by @k8eekins
  • k8eekins
    Options
    True!
    I am far from the country too and miss the company of friends... Hence this post to reconnect with some new friends!!!
    Thanks for stopping by @k8eekins

I was born in the State of Punjab. I can't ever ignore Diwali. Thank you so much!
  • k8eekins
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Wishing you and us all, a Happy Diwali 2019!
    • Fortune
    • Knowledge
    • Light
    • New Year
    • Love between siblings

Noticed the following on the board from the "Flavours of Childhood" thread and thought of you all,
    Missing Dipawali celebrations in the islands this weekend. Invitations are flowing in from our friends and family friends to have our mum attend in our stead or for our family. It used to be easy to send Diwali treats abroad like they'd done before ... Not anymore and Dipawali in the US SUCKS!! ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Nothing beats large claypot fireworks tended to by the fathers and big brothers (we all perceived ourselves as siblings as our parents friendships were moreso one of kinship than mere friendship). Fireworks wars or the official kite flying battles the day before between homes hoping to kadem neighbours' kites to crown the neighbourhood best flyer. Ahhhhhh! ... Watching all the homes lit up like Christmas and how each family preserves and observes their customs.

* Vegan curries
    * Assorted Indian flatbread both fried or on the tawa griddles.
    * MILK BARFI my absolute favourite.
    * Gulab jamun, Pacific Indian diaspora style ... Little bullets of delicious sugary milky goodness.
    * Mangoes
    * Mango lassi