Spin Vs. RPM..at least I know now!

Options
I didn't think they were much different but based on the Spin class I took last night, I like RPM a whole lot more!

I have been told Spin is up to the instructor for music and routine. RPM is a Les Mills program and can't be changed by the instructor (wether it be the routine or the music). The RPM also seems to be more like intervals.

The spin I took last night was awful in a way. The music was Motown (do NOT get me wrong...great music, but not for spin I don't think). The last time I took the class w/ the instructor (didn't know it was the same guy until I walked in the room) he played Glenn Frey (theme song to Miami Vice show). Granted, both times, I did still burn 600 calories so that was good!

SO...I guess I will stick to RPM.

Although I did an "extreme spin" class on Sunday that included getting off the bike and doing weight w/ the arms. That was fun and interesting and I still burned a decent amount of calories!

Replies

• Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I do think spin totally depends on the instructor and his/her style. There are 4 different spin instructors at my gym and I refuse to take all but 1 person's class! He uses great music, great motivation techniques, and gives us a hell of a workout. I haven't tried RPM but maybe I'll look into seeing if there's any classes for that at my gym. I do love spin, now, and not just for the insane amount of calories it burns! I can tell the different in my thighs, bum, and shins after only about 5-6 weeks of taking class.
  • 30togomoveit
    30togomoveit Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    How many times a week have you been taking it?

The past 2 weeks, I have taken it 3 times.