Any low cal dessert recipes?

Options
MeganReid1991
MeganReid1991 Posts: 170 Member
I really love no bake desserts. But I’m open to anything!

Replies

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    people who don't mind artificial sweetners swear by sugar-free jello.

me, I usually suck on a fruit juice icy tube for under 40 calories and it suits me.

but maybe something like protein mousse? you can google recipes for that. Or get cassein.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Mix 1/4 cup orange liqueur (triple sec/cointreau/Grand Marnier w/e) or brandy with 1/2 cup marmalade. Pour over 4 cups of sliced seedless orange segments (approx 4 oranges) and chill. Roughly 100 calories to the 1/2-cup serving.
  • MeganReid1991
    MeganReid1991 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I definitely love a sugar free jello or pudding topped with whipped cream! But I was hoping for something a little more desserty lol
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,623 Member
    Options
    Use a sugar substitute in english summer pudding. At this time of year use frozen berries.
    https://www.bbc.com/food/recipes/summerpudding_90295

Creme caramel. You will need to use real sugar for the caramel topping but you can use a sugar substitute for the body of the pudding. I make this in the microwave on the lowest setting about 30 minutes until the centre is firm instead of cooking au bain marie in the oven. Use a plastic flan tart or shallow plastic bowl in the microwave. Glass or ceramic retains too much heat and the edges become overcooked before the centre is done.
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2015/may/07/how-to-cook-perfect-creme-caramel-recipe
  • _aenyeweddien_
    _aenyeweddien_ Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It's not a recipe, but if I'm craving something sweet I usually go for Halo Top ice cream (for example, Sea Salt Caramel flavour has 68kcal per 100ml). WheyHey ice cream are even better because they're packed with protein, but harder to find (Salted Caramel has 76kcal and 7.1g of protein per 100ml).
  • bigbandjohn
    bigbandjohn Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    A simple one. Core an apple. Put in a baking dish. Add some diet lime soda. Sprinkle with a little sweetner and cinnamon. Microwave for a few minutes until it gets soft.

I use to love this but there are very few diet sodas I can drink since I developed issues with aspartame. There are a couple safe brands, but they tend to be hard to find in most stores. I know where to get them when I want them at least.
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I love some cream cheese with sugar free caramel syrup on top. Definitely tastes like a cheesecake, without all the calories! Usually I'll have whatever I want in moderation. I love ice cream and sprinkles, dark chocolate with peanut butter smeared on top. Pistacchio pudding is the bomb!!!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    If you have an ice cream maker, sorbets can come in pretty low. If you don't, there's granita. And this sorbet can be done with no ice cream maker: https://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/mango-lime-sorbet
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Fake cheesecake - crumble up a graham cracker, top with nonfat plain yogurt and chocolate sauce or berries.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,623 Member
    Options
    If you have an ice cream maker, sorbets can come in pretty low. If you don't, there's granita. And this sorbet can be done with no ice cream maker: https://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/mango-lime-sorbet

I like doing sorbets too, but you probably need to use real sugar because that is what prevents them from freezing too hard. A tablespoon or two of liqueur or vodka helps with that too. I don't have an ice cream maker and freeze my sorbets granita style. Cool the syrup, Freeze in a metal tray when you will be puttering around the house for the next two or three hours. Every half hour take out the pan and crush the ice granules on the edges with a fork, bringing them to the centre. Transfer to a sealable container. If you want an even smoother texture, run it through the food processor before transferring to your sealable container. Chocolate sorbet is pretty glorious despite being dairy free. I made this last time with 50g cacao, and 100g dark chocolate with the same amount of water and sugar. I skipped the vanilla but added 1.5 tablespoons of vodka which gave it a softer texture. Cointreau or Grand Marnier if you've great if you happen to have that in the house. Great paired with sliced ripe pears at this time of year.

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/chocolate-sorbet-238249
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!!!!!
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I really love no bake desserts. But I’m open to anything!

All of my desserts are:

1) Plain Fage with fruit
    2) Cottage cheese with fruit
    3) Equal mix of no sugar added ice cream and plain Fage
    4) Equal blend of Dannon Light and Fit Greek yogurt (any flavor) with plain Fage
    5) Homemade apple sauce topped with either ice cream or plain Fage
    6) Homemade cranberry and orange sauce topped with ice cream or cottage cheese (Fage is not sweet enough for the cranberry sauce).
    You can drizzle some chocolate syrup on top of the desserts, sprinkle Bran cereal for added fiber, or even decorate with a cookie.

I don't bake and I sometimes deserts help me to reach my calories or protein goals.
  • fsn778779
    fsn778779 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin cubes in coconut cream.
    Pinch in some salt n stevia.
    Put to boil. Done.
  • whoami67
    whoami67 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Here's an old Weight Watchers no bake dessert (I'm using a memory from years ago, but I think I have it right):

Pumpkin Butterscotch Mousse - makes 6 servings of about 120 calories each although check the calories on the products you buy

1 small box Jello sugar free fat free butterscotch or vanilla instant pudding mix (100 cal)
    1 15 oz pumpkin puree (not pie filling) (about 175 cal)
    1 cup skim milk (or dairy free milk of choice) (90 cal)
    1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    8 ounces fat free Cool Whip (350ish, I think?)

Stir together pudding mix and milk. Stir in pumpkin and spice. You can either stir these all together or use a mixer to beat them together for a lighter mix. Fold in Cool Whip. Refrigerate for about an hour. Eat plain or topped with Cool Whip or crumble some graham crackers or ginger snaps in a dish and top with the mousse or pour mousse in a graham cracker pie shell.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    @whoami67
    Nice, but do you know what can I use to replace all the pumpkin stuff? I don't eat anything with cinnamon or pumpkin spice, so those items are out of the question. Tks!
  • Alice_in_VVonderland
    Options
    Any dessert can be made waaaay lower calorie just by replacing the sugar with something like Truvia baking blend. You end up cutting your calories-from-sugar by 75%. If you use straight erythritol, you remove all of those calories.

Any dessert that calls for cream cheese, use light cream cheese. Any dessert that calls for eggs, use something like Egg Beaters or ReddiEgg.

Cream cheese frosting can be eaten off a spoon. 8 oz. light cream cheese, 4 oz. unsalted butter, splash of vanilla, splash of milk or milk substitute, sweeten to taste with anything but straight sugar (2 tablespoons of Truvia blend does the trick for me usually). Nuke until it's all soft, hit with stick blender, stick in fridge to set back up.
    12- 1oz servings at 60 calories a serving.
    Add half an ounce (I think? I need to experiment with it.) of unsweetened baking chocolate and another tablespoon of sweetener for chocolate frosting. This adds a few more calories.

Alton Brown has a great chocolate tofu pie recipe. The first time I did it, I accidentally made chocolate tofu... fudge? I miscalculated some things, and used 13 oz. of unsweetened chocolate. Wasn't the worst thing I've put in my mouth, but also wasn't what I was going for.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/moo-less-chocolate-pie-recipe-1938390

So basically to make a lower calorie version of this, skip the crust and eat it like mousse instead. Replace the semi-sweet chocolate with 6 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate (a bar and a half), and 3-4 oz. of Truvia baking blend (more to desired sweetness). I used espresso instead of coffee liqueur, but you can use instant coffee or whatever. I also skipped the honey and added a pinch of salt.

This is also roughly 60 calories per 1oz, but it's rich and decadent, and will satisfy a chocolate craving while giving you a nice hit of protein.
  • simonpaulhowell
    simonpaulhowell Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    natural yoghurt and chocolate protein powder mixed in equal measure
  • whoami67
    whoami67 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    @whoami67
    Nice, but do you know what can I use to replace all the pumpkin stuff? I don't eat anything with cinnamon or pumpkin spice, so those items are out of the question. Tks!
    You can just leave the pumpkin pie spice out, but if you don't like pumpkin itself, this probably isn't the recipe for you. You could use pureed butternut squash or sweet potato, I guess.