I'm training to compete in my first bodybuilding competition. Am I bulking right?

Options
2»

Replies

• jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    How long ? I’m in and out in under and hour . The volume days I’m out in 45
  • JaymereEllis
    JaymereEllis Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    No more than maybe 40 min. The second session is a 7 to 15 min ab workout
  • gjampol1
    gjampol1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It seems to me that you're overtraining. Ten sessions a week is just too many. You need to give your body a chance to recover.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Training & dieting aside, I would also agree with others on getting a coach; mainly to teach you posing & stage presence & have an eye for detail (avoid self bias).

What class do you plan on competing in? Also makes a big difference (physique, open, classic, natural, height/weight caps, etc.)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    true hiit is less than 20 min,anything more is just basically circuit training.
  • latestarter75
    latestarter75 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    my advice is - get a coach. A good one. Shop around and don't just settle for the first one that you come across.

I attempted to prep for a comp once. I chose the wrong coach. No - it was not all her fault - it was totally MY FAULT too - if i'd done exactly what she told me to do I would have had better results. My problem is though that I want to know why i'm doing something. I don't believe in "trust the process" - I can "trust the process" when I know WHY THE KITTEN I'M DOING SAID PROCESS.

Anyway, so, wrong coach choice and I have not had the courage to try again ever since.

I'm sure if I'd had a different coach (and after I quit that one I was with 2 others who were more into actually teaching me the how to and explaining the why of stuff and I think if I'd tried it with one of those instead I actually would have stuck to it and gotten on stage).

Anyway, so yeah, get a coach. It's an art.

This is spot on if you get a coach that can’t explain the why then chances are he/she doesn’t know there just giving you a prep someone else gave them and that almost never works we’re all too different
  • Jonnydebrasco
    Jonnydebrasco Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    From what I understand you are training like a full workout in two sessions if so then ok but if not then you are overtraining. I’m in the same boat as you but I don’t bother with cardio as I dedicate all resources to muscle growth. You should do a little cardio closer to your cut not now.Your coach should be able to tell you all of this and much more if not get another coach. One thing to do is stretch my friend if you have been doing mass for three years you need to do a lot of stretching. I find that stretching between reps keeps my heart rate up hence I burn calories so no cardio.