Nutrition advice

Options
Hello everyone!! I have been working out my butt of 3 times a week. somehow I have lost a little be of muscle, and gain a pound of fat 😞😞😞 how do I know it? A cording to a 3 D body scan. I am very sad because in 4 months of working out my body have not moved much. I believe have to do with my diet however when I try to eat my 100 grams of protein a day, give me heartburn. I know that this past month I was going a little low on my protein. I don't know how low because I didn't log in my food... Yes, I am guilty of that. Any advice?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How large is your calorie deficit?
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Heartburn is often caused by combining foods that do better eaten at different meals.

I also find that fatty meats with too many starchy carbs will trigger it in me.

Lastly, if I lay down to nap or sleep after a meal, no matter what I eat there is a heartburn risk.

If you have a week or more of logging in your diary, MFP makes it easy to see what and when you are eating, and it could help you identify some things to try differently.

Good luck!
  • gisselleacuna
    gisselleacuna Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Trying recomposition. I am skinny fat. Whoever I have gained only a pound of muscle on 5 months.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Trying recomposition. I am skinny fat. Whoever I have gained only a pound of muscle on 5 months.

Which lifting programme are you using?
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    First off, log your food. (You had to know someone would say it.)

Second lift heavy things. 5x5 stronglifts is a good place to start.

Third, try to find out what is causing the heartburn and replace it. My son can't eat dill pickles.
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Those scans aren't accurate.