Need a kick up the backside

Options
Having done so well to get to goal for the wedding I’ve now lost the momentum to keep going.

I’ve spent 7 weeks thinking about losing the final 6 lbs but managed to gain 3 instead.

I’m rubbish in the winter when I struggle to get the hours in cycling and have managed to damage my knee trying to switch to running for the winter. I’m really stressed because I have limited work, the joys of a zero hour contract and care budgets being cut.

I have at least managed a week of Blogilates for a change which I love but I need to tame the stress eating monster within some how!

Thanks for the rant, I’m not going to undo all my good work, I love feeling slim!

Replies

• amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Creative approach will be needed to find a winter solution for cycling.

Do you know about the gadget that turns your street bike into a stationary exerciser ? (Temporarily , as needed , not perm). Maybe that’s an option.

What about one of the small trampolines ?

Sounds like you enjoy movement - maybe a WIi would be helpful for keeping you active indoors?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    If stress eating is your issue maybe try different ways of dealing with stress. Try daily meditation, stretching/yoga. Maybe write in a journal, do puzzles, paint or draw, listen to or make music, coloring in a coloring book. Turn on some music and dance. Bundle up and go for a walk. Go volunteer somewhere.
  • jorichards2
    jorichards2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I haven’t been logging my food, just lost the routine of doing it and my husband doesn’t think I should lose anymore and is leaving temptation everywhere. I was amazing with supporting me for the first 45lbs!

I do have a turbo trainer to mount my bike on but it’s so boring, I’m an outside person. Blogilates is working great so far just frustrated that my idea to run 30/40mins a day has to stop because of an old back injury that causes problems.

Back to logging today, one day at a time
  • JayFromThatOnePlace
    Options
    "You can't out exercise a poor diet". I've been trying to live that mantra myself.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Why do you struggle to cycle in winter? Is it because you don't feel it's safe to cycle in the dark? If so, as you have a turbo trainer, is it feasible to move that to an outside spot so that you're still cycling outside but without the traffic dangers? Is it possible to cycle during the day when you're not working? doing exercise that you enjoy may help curb the stress eating monster.