What it took to jump start my journey...

Options
So I’m 46 YO and I have had the benefit of being lean most of my life. In college, I committed to a healthier lifestyle, ate a ton of carbs and worked out almost daily. Once life started (real life, like work and family), I stopped the exercise and really didn’t track a healthy nutrition plan. So I put on about 35 pounds or so over 20 years. Not too bad I guess. In fact, my PCP always said, you look healthy. Now, I had been mentally contemplating getting back in the saddle on health/nutrition, but I always thought, I gotta find a sustainable way. Can’t jump on and then stop. So maybe that’s why the 6 months passed before I started. Anyway, my last wellness exam was what I needed. When I was told my BP was too high, mud sugar was elevated and my LDL was slightly up, I made the commitment.

So that was on June 26, 2018. And today I’m at my goal weight (dropping 35 pounds), blood pressure is normal again and my abs are starting to show. This AM, I saw the scale say 16.9% BF!

So I’m here to tell you, anything is possible. But it’s all a mindset. Change your mind and change your life. Best of luck out there...make it a habit. Hoping to break into that 15% BF range in 2019!

Get at it!

Joe

Replies