Has anyone gotten catfished?

Options
124»

Replies

• Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Yes a couple of times

I was on a dating site since i was having bad luck well i met a girl online. We spent a month getting to know each other. Then she started asking for money. I was heart broken

The second time was the same kind of story shorter time frame before asking for money.

I just don't get it. My older brother met two different girls that he married at different times. I just don't have any good luck

That's just awful and they are disgusting people... My old office mate and friend had this guy she met online swindle her out of thousands...she came clean when I saw her crying one morning before work and she spilled...she is not a stupid girl just really believed he wanted to be with her and had no cash to move here blah blah bullcrap! I wanted to hunt this a holes down and cut him off at the legs! So hugs and I'm glad you severed jt!!! You will if you haven't already meet someone...these folks suck I'm sorry...attention seeking is bad enough but extortion basically is illegal...yet....it's not really that is it...just unassuming good hearted souls who trust getting hurt...and that's so wrong! Hugs...getting down my soapbox now.....😏🙄
  • XO__TWOD
    XO__TWOD Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes a couple of times

I was on a dating site since i was having bad luck well i met a girl online. We spent a month getting to know each other. Then she started asking for money. I was heart broken

The second time was the same kind of story shorter time frame before asking for money.

I just don't get it. My older brother met two different girls that he married at different times. I just don't have any good luck
    Yes a couple of times

I just wanna give you big ol hug. I’m a firm believer of the saying “you’ll find love when you stop looking for it”. I’m going to tell you a little story....

I’m not the type to go out to clubs, and my friend was convincing me for months to go out with her until one day, so I just said ok, I’ll go. I go, I don’t dance, I pretty much just stand there like a loser lol. A guy approaches me, he happened to be the security guard for the night club. Asks for my number, I told him I’ll take his (because I wasn’t going to text him and I wasn’t going have him text me). Took his number down, me and my friends left and my friends kept pushing me to text him. I kept thinking he looks like the “fukk boy type” and “I’m sure women throw pu$$y at him all the time” lol. But I texted him because I’m such a push over and I’m easily persuaded. The entire time I was getting to know him in the back of my mind I kept saying “this will never go anywhere because he looks like a man *kitten*”. But 2 years later, were still going strong and I can honestly say he’s changed me for the better. I judged him based off his looks and his job. He sees half naked women every single weekend and he still makes me feel more secure then anyone else I’ve known.

Long story short. I wasn’t looking for anything. Things happen when you least expect it. I wasn’t even attracted to him at first (other than he was ripped lol). But everything just changed and I don’t know how it happened but I fell in love with him without knowing how. You’ll find someone when you least expect it. A bar, coffee shop, grocery store... you just have to put yourself out there and go after what you want. Stay true to yourself and things should be mutual between you and the girl. Don’t chase anyone for their attention. If you feel like you’re chasing, then they don’t deserve you. It’s that’s simple.
  • DawnOfTheDead_Lift
    DawnOfTheDead_Lift Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Not catfished but one of my friends on here used to post a lot of pictures about her routine and success and such...it turned out she was stealing the pics from someone’s Instagram account
  • ailsalw
    ailsalw Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    XO__TWOD wrote: »
    Yes a couple of times

Yes a couple of times

I just wanna give you big ol hug. I’m a firm believer of the saying “you’ll find love when you stop looking for it”. I’m going to tell you a little story....

I’m not the type to go out to clubs, and my friend was convincing me for months to go out with her until one day, so I just said ok, I’ll go. I go, I don’t dance, I pretty much just stand there like a loser lol. A guy approaches me, he happened to be the security guard for the night club. Asks for my number, I told him I’ll take his (because I wasn’t going to text him and I wasn’t going have him text me). Took his number down, me and my friends left and my friends kept pushing me to text him. I kept thinking he looks like the “fukk boy type” and “I’m sure women throw pu$$y at him all the time” lol. But I texted him because I’m such a push over and I’m easily persuaded. The entire time I was getting to know him in the back of my mind I kept saying “this will never go anywhere because he looks like a man *kitten*”. But 2 years later, were still going strong and I can honestly say he’s changed me for the better. I judged him based off his looks and his job. He sees half naked women every single weekend and he still makes me feel more secure then anyone else I’ve known.

Long story short. I wasn’t looking for anything. Things happen when you least expect it. I wasn’t even attracted to him at first (other than he was ripped lol). But everything just changed and I don’t know how it happened but I fell in love with him without knowing how. You’ll find someone when you least expect it. A bar, coffee shop, grocery store... you just have to put yourself out there and go after what you want. Stay true to yourself and things should be mutual between you and the girl. Don’t chase anyone for their attention. If you feel like you’re chasing, then they don’t deserve you. It’s that’s simple.

I love this! Although I’m jealous since you’re meant to be my boyfriend 😆
  • XO__TWOD
    Options
    ailsalw wrote: »
    XO__TWOD wrote: »
    Yes a couple of times

Yes a couple of times

I love this! Although I’m jealous since you’re meant to be my boyfriend 😆

Ill be anything you want me to be lol. No worries, I have enough love to share for the both of you.
  • XO__TWOD
    Options
    Not catfished but one of my friends on here used to post a lot of pictures about her routine and success and such...it turned out she was stealing the pics from someone’s Instagram account

Damn so we can’t even believe the ones who post a lot of pictures either. You know we just need everyone to take a selfie with their username written out on a paper 😆.
  • george5911
    george5911 Posts: 3,910 Member
    Options
    I was catfished once by this guy for a total of 4 years. He lived an entire separate life from what I knew. When I was single I started talking to this guy from my home town for about three years before I met him. Finally, I took the chance and flew out to see him. I stayed at his house. I met his family including his parents and two children, and most of his friends. I’ll never forget how happy I was durning that year. It felt like I was living a fairy tale. We travelled back and forth to visit each other and talked about marriage. He wanted to move to Canada with me, so I started to make a business plan for him to open a contracting company. I sent him money to help pay for his paper work and legal fees. Until one day his angry wife called me out of nowhere demanding information on who I was and how I knew her husband. The following day I called him for clarification but he changed his number and never contacted me again. I was broken inside and lost around 10,000 dollars in legal fees.

Damn
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I was catfished once by this guy for a total of 4 years. He lived an entire separate life from what I knew. When I was single I started talking to this guy from my home town for about three years before I met him. Finally, I took the chance and flew out to see him. I stayed at his house. I met his family including his parents and two children, and most of his friends. I’ll never forget how happy I was durning that year. It felt like I was living a fairy tale. We travelled back and forth to visit each other and talked about marriage. He wanted to move to Canada with me, so I started to make a business plan for him to open a contracting company. I sent him money to help pay for his paper work and legal fees. Until one day his angry wife called me out of nowhere demanding information on who I was and how I knew her husband. The following day I called him for clarification but he changed his number and never contacted me again. I was broken inside and lost around 10,000 dollars in legal fees.

Stories like this make me wish the adultery laws (still on the books in most States in the U.S.) were still enforced - which would include mandatory jail time and a record of misdemeanor at the least.
  • XO__TWOD
    Options

Wow this gave me the chills. What a coward. Sorry you had to go through that.
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    any known catfish on here?
  • stevemorgan308
    stevemorgan308 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Not catfished so much as found out he was actually married

Lmao good one
  • stevemorgan308
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I've also never been catfished, never received propositioning PMs or any of that kinda stuff that seem to really injure people on this site emotionally.

I also have never posted a photo of myself and never will. Sorry, but people who don't post photos do not get catfished or sexually harrassed here.

I never get sexually harassed or propositioning PM’s even with a pic :D
    Says a lot about my face haha

Um, you're gorgeous...I'll just put it out here on the main boards! No need to dm!

And welcome new girl!!

I know you have been catfished ( lies to)
  • stevemorgan308
    Options

Vikka_V wrote: »
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I've also never been catfished, never received propositioning PMs or any of that kinda stuff that seem to really injure people on this site emotionally.

I also have never posted a photo of myself and never will. Sorry, but people who don't post photos do not get catfished or sexually harrassed here.

I never get sexually harassed or propositioning PM’s even with a pic :D
    Says a lot about my face haha

Um, you're gorgeous...I'll just put it out here on the main boards! No need to dm!

And welcome new girl!!

ailsalw lol 😉😉😉😉