Healthy(ish) hangover food?!

Options
2»

Replies

• yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    When I'm hungover, I usually don't want to eat and if I do it's just soups, oatmeal, quinoa with brussels sprouts, peanut butter, etc.

I'd say to just eat what sounds appealing, try to work it into your calories and macros, and get back on track tomorrow.
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Banana and Almond Milk
  • Patrick0321
    Patrick0321 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    a mini milk (that's one for the UK mfp people)
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Hangover = fry up (bacon, egg, sausage, tatie scone, beans, mushrooms etc.) :D
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Okay, let's talk safe drinking. Before you drink, make sure you are hydrated. I mean well hydrated drink a glass of water every thirty minutes until you pee every thirty minutes and it is clear. Then be careful what you drink it is really east to blow your calorie cap. If you drink liquor you may fair better, but not mixing rum and coke, the coke kills you might as well just drink beer. Low carb beer is still high in calories. Lastly. Before you go to bed, atop drinking about thirty minutes to an hour ahead. Drink water as much as you comfortably can before you go to bed. Every 3 or 4 hours get up and drink water. Most of you are asking why water instead of pedialyte or Gatorade. It is simple. All consumable alcoholic beverages consist of ethanol. Ethanol displaces water. That's why you pee so much when you drink. Not because you have a high fluid intake, because the ethanol is pushing the water out of your body. Now if you have a pot of salty water , like in your body, and you boil the water off, where does the salt go? Nowhere it stays right there in the pot. So loading up on pedialyte and Gatorade is bad you are adding fluid but not fixing the electrolyte imbalance, which is probably 40% of the problem. Someone mentioned B vitamins, that is not a bad idea, however I would take them morning after, because they will most likely be useless when there isn't a medium to transport them. So in summation drink water before, drink water during, drink water after, and take a few Tylenol or ibuprofen and maybe a SMALL Gatorade. To replenish what you lost through sweating if you were really partying hard.

Gay :D
  • 141by2016
    141by2016 Posts: 179
    Options
    I do what I call the hangover mile. I strap on my shoes and run till my sweat stops smelling like booze. Then I drink like a gallon of water, take a B vitamin and go about my day. It works well.
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I do what I call the hangover mile. I strap on my shoes and run till my sweat stops smelling like booze. Then I drink like a gallon of water, take a B vitamin and go about my day. It works well.
    This is effective. Also, be aware that alcohol has to be metabolized or eliminated; it doesn't convert to fat. That's why you see those skinny washed out drunks; they may consume way more than TDEE in calories most days but not enough of it is food. So the more you can eliminate before you start eating the better.
  • Jhostile
    Options
    That egg white delite mcmuffin is pretty good.

Who wakes up hung-over while McDonald is still serving breakfast???