Replies

• FitKim39
    FitKim39 Posts: 39 Member
    FitKim39 wrote: »
    rpfioou8a0g0.jpg
    qyz0zqcknfwg.jpg
    pszdh6pyuh6e.jpg
    :/:#:o
    I have been working hard to eat right and work out. I initially got down to my goal wieght 155. But now I'm back up at 163ish. I still for in the smaller sizes I got down to. But, I'm a little worried I added too much calories too soon. I don't want to gain again and am finally happy with my body.
    How do you keep the wieght off??

• FitKim39
    nowine4me wrote: »
    You keep it off the same way you took it off, but with a handful more calories.
    I think I added too many calories too soon.
  • FitKim39
    Bring Calories up too maintenance, keep logging. Set a goal that is conducive to continuing the habits that led you to where you are at.
    I stopped logging everything
  • FitKim39
    FitKim39 wrote: »
    Bring Calories up too maintenance, keep logging. Set a goal that is conducive to continuing the habits that led you to where you are at.
    I stopped logging everything

There you go then

That's usually what happens. I reach my goal them go on reward mode. I know that if I don't log everything I really lose track of what I am eating. Last week I was injured and couldn't work out for the entire week. But I still ate like I was....😜
  • me0231
    me0231 Posts: 218 Member
    I think it's mindset mostly for me. I had to learn that I'm not 'off the diet' and get to reward myself with all the yummy foods. I have to keep going almost exactly as I was with the advantage of a bit more food. And honestly my hunger right out of the deficit was out of this world. I could have eaten 4k calories and not feel satisfied. It didn't last long but I think the first week or two of maintenance is brutal.

It's been about 8 months in maintenance now and I weigh and log everything still. I'm not as diligent but I've had to tighten up logging several times as the calories/weight crept up slowly. It's annoying but I think I'll be logging for a long time to come.
  • its_me_april
    its_me_april Posts: 57 Member
    After logging off and on for probably 4-5 years, I’ve gotten to the point where I pretty much know what and how to eat to maintain without it. I usually “reign it in” during the week, roughly track calories only and splurge a little over the weekend. I’ve maintained like this for years now. Good luck! You look great 👍
  • erjones11
    erjones11 Posts: 422 Member
    jasmon wrote: »
    I've slowly added 100 cals a day per week for 6 weeks now and pretty much (apart from water fluctuations ) have stayed the same. I started approaching maintenance going from 1500cals a day to at the moment 2350cals a day because of my holiday soon. I started at 68kg & 1500cals and am today 68.2kg & 2350 cals.

I sort of did the same thing but added 100 every couple of weeks just to try to measure the effects slowly over time. I am at 1970 plus I cut the calories in half that MFP adds for logged exercises.