1,500 Calorie a Day

Options
Hi Everyone! Over the last 6 weeks I’ve lost 12 pounds. I was 218, I’m now 206. My goal is to get to 185 pounds. I dropped my calorie intake goal from 1,725 to 1,500 today. With exercise I can still have a 2,000 calorie intake with out a problem. I’m watching my carb/sugar intake as well. I like for my carbs to be under 100g. My total sugar intake under 70g. Is anyone else making adjustments in their calorie intake? Any success stories?

Replies

• corysmithsmail
    corysmithsmail Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I think everyone on this forum is making adjustments with calorie intake. Check out the Success Stories board fo more of what you're looking for.

Just wanted to leave a little tip. You said you can eat up to 2k with eating back your exercise calories. That's 500 extra calories from the 1500 you are eating as a base. Be careful with how you are eating those back because the accuracy of how much you burn isn't an exact science. Some people eat half back or 75% back to give room for error.

But your losing weight and that's great!
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    If I had it all to do over, I would start lifting immediately a while I was still losing weight.

Especially this^^^^^

• amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I am about a week into a calorie Increase, and am really heartened by the results lining up with all that I'm reading here about why 1200 calories is often too low a target.

I increased by 300 calories a day, and didn't change my exercise levels, and, while the weight isn't coming off as quickly, yet still I have continued the steadily downward trending weight loss. I'll check and possibly adjust again in another two or three weeks; I don't want to lose too quickly and risk ugly health issues as have been described.

I do want to eat in a sustainable manner, and my results so far are convincing me of the merits of taking the slow but steady route.

It is comforting to see these results.
  • aesstricker1
    aesstricker1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

A lot of people here have lost tons of weight by adjusting calories without any expensive gimmicks. :smile: I'm down about 65 (?) pounds, I've kept it off for a few years now. After I lost enough to look thin, I started lifting weights, and god damn I look good now.

If I had it all to do over, I would start lifting immediately a while I was still losing weight.

All of that. Weight lifting has been a game changer, I can keep the weight off now and I look better than I ever did with just cardio/hiit/focusing on weight loss. Team Strength Training for life, haha!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I think everyone on this forum is making adjustments with calorie intake. Check out the Success Stories board fo more of what you're looking for.

Just wanted to leave a little tip. You said you can eat up to 2k with eating back your exercise calories. That's 500 extra calories from the 1500 you are eating as a base. Be careful with how you are eating those back because the accuracy of how much you burn isn't an exact science. Some people eat half back or 75% back to give room for error.

But your losing weight and that's great!

I think, based on how little the OP has to lose and how aggressive the approach is, it might be good if the burn is a little overestimated.