New to MFP

Options
Hi y'all,

I'm Susanna. My nutritionist turned me on to MFP about a month ago. I've been logging my calories & exercise, but this is the first time I'm venturing into the forums.

I'm 57, weigh 200 pounds (gained 60 pounds when I quit smoking & fractured my knee two years ago) am 64 inches tall, and live in Connecticut. I've been divorced for ages, and have a grown 32 year old son who lives on the other side of the planet.

I've been a vegetarian (37 years) and have Celiac's disease (10 years) and am looking to lose the weight I gained, and amp up my protein intake. I want to go dairy-free, but have been using dairy as a big protein source, and am in the midst of working out meal plans that work for me with my dietary restrictions and crazy busy life. Plan to check in once a day - late afternoon - and I'm really looking forward to being here with y'all on this journey :smile:

Replies

• CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you on your journey! :)
  • Susanna527
    Susanna527 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! :)
  • k8bla
    k8bla Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I think it's amazing that you're about to embark on this journey, it is NEVER too late. I also gained a lot of weight after quitting smoking and developing PCOS. I can relate to that struggle. I'm looking forward to seeing you around the community.
  • ggenet2014
    ggenet2014 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi, we seem to have some things in common. I’m 57, I’m 252 lbs. I found mfp this time due to my nutritionalist. I’m new here, I’ve been logging just over a week. When I logged it, there was old data from 2014 and I’ve gain 22 lbs since then.

Friend me if you like.

Best wishes.