Coffee creamer alternatives?

Options
2»

Replies

• Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Coffee Mate Natural Bliss for me. Not too sweet, and I'll take the calories. I just branched out and tried their cinnamon version and I love it. The honey pecan version, not so much.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with coffee. I drink my coffee with milk. I use Fairlife milk as it helps me reach my protein goals. Every single morning I use one cup of either whole or 2% Fairlife as creamer in my coffee. Nothing wrong with that. I'm not really into flavors but I feel like I've seen very low cal syrups online (maybe Amazon?)

You add a CUP of milk to your coffee??? What size coffee are you drinking??? Me think its not coffee with milk but milk with some coffee :)

See, I assumed that one cop was going into multiple cups of joe

I think there's a doughnut joke missing from this post.
  • Love_2_Hike
    Love_2_Hike Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have a table spoon of pure cream for about 66 calories
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    For a light or medium roast I just drink it black. If my wife decides to get a dark roast I cut it with a little half and half.

I'm in for coffee to taste the coffee. We buy high quality beans and grind fresh daily. Good coffee doesn't need much. Dark roasts are a little bitter to me which is why I use a little half and half...but it's not much...I want to ultimately taste the coffee.

I think I read at one point you are in Albuquerque. Do you get coffee from Pour Vida? We get it delivered and now I drink it black cuz YUMMY!
  • callmecarina
    callmecarina Posts: 145 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I mainly using raw sugar and almond milk. You can find flavored nut milks that have less calories than regular milk. I am actually quite partial to cashew milk because it's a very creamy alternative, and if you get chocolate cashew milk, you barely notice that it's not real milk. Also, it makes a bomb poor man's mocha. :wink:
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    What in the world is unhealthy about coffee?

I drink mine with 2 ounces of Fairlife whole milk (40 calories).
  • corysmithsmail
    corysmithsmail Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    black coffee
    milk
    hot chocolate mix. i would add a half a packet to one 12 oz mug

week days i drink it black. weekends i get something fancy

Ah, good ole struggle mocha. lol I used to make those all the time to improve the hospital coffee sludge they handed out to employees. :D
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Yes, yes, I know, it'd be so much healthier (and better for my macros) to either drop coffee altogether or learn to like it black... but I really love coffee and the whole morning ritual of making it- I just don't love the calories, ha ha.

Anyone here know any good, cleaner alternatives than the syrup-y creamers? I usually default to half and half with a little vanilla extract or honey but it's getting kinda old. Coffee lovers, please help me.

Thanks and have a good day!

milk & splenda.
    cinnamon, vanilla extract.

ETA: half & half + honey is probably just replacing the fat+sugar in the creamer with probably similar amount of fat+sugar. (milk= less fat, more protein, way less calories per volume than half½ splenda = sweetness without the sugar calories)
  • kazunomiya
    kazunomiya Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    They make many different flavors for extracts. Almond, coconut, peppermint, cinnamon, for example.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    And Torani makes a wide variety of sugar free flavored syrups.