Forty two pounds down and improved lab work.

Options
In February 2018 my doctor called in a prescription for a statin for high cholesterol . I was already on Metformin for the past year for newly diagnosed diabetes and blood pressure medication. I’m an RN and know what those issues could do to me. I had used the MyFitnessPal app off and on but never long term. This time, shortly after retiring, I took it seriously and after 6 months, my cholesterol and other blood lipids were normal , my blood pressure was too low and my blood sugar and a1c were perfectly normal . In 6 months I will probably come off the Metformin for blood sugar. I’m still having occasional dizzy spells and suspect I need my blood pressure med lowered again. I just spent a week visiting a friend in FL and my friend didn’t understand why I logged everything I ate. She told me to relax. I informed her that logging my food works for me and that’s how I succeeded. I plan to lose 15 to 20 more pounds.

Replies

• workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Great work! So happy for your health improvements:)
  • fatty_cakezxoxo
    fatty_cakezxoxo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yes I stopped logging and I gained so much weight back !! Logging is not about perfection but helps with mindless eating !! I love mfp ! Great job on your weight loss !!
  • daveredvette
    daveredvette Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    way to stick to your plan, enjoy retirement by being healthy
  • QueenBee2018
    QueenBee2018 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Great job and you a being smart to plan for the long term!
  • jonesite
    jonesite Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Happy retirement and now you can enjoy it with better health. Congratulations on your success and I agree you have to log everything, it just makes sense.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!! Good for you. This is especially good for me to hear. I retire in two weeks (I'm a RN), and I've been worried that I'll gain weight after retirement. I can easily get my 10K steps/day at work and will have to be committed to getting them after retirement. Of course there won't be donuts in the break room to contend with daily either, so it should balance out.
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    That’s a great goal to have. I have to lower my bp
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!