Wow!

Options
Today is my first day of tracking cals and omg I cant believe how much I eat!!
Even though ive made a concious effort to ‘eat healthy’ today im still over my daily cal allowance by almost 400 cals!! Dread to think how many ive been eating daily. The fact im 230lbs now, i know why!!
Big changes have to be made. Im so fedup of going around in circles :/

Replies

• Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    You are in the right place for changes! A food scale will be your best tool! You got this!
  • mgookin
    mgookin Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I was really surprised too. I put new batteries in my food scale and realized I was underestimating some things, and really overestimating others.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    How much have you set your loss rate at?

If you've set it to 2lb per week then that factors in a 1000 cal per day deficit so even if you "go over" by 400 cals you're still actually 600 cals under your maintenance and eating in a caloric deficit. This just means that you're likely to see closer to an average rate of about 1lb per week loss instead of 2lb.

Still information is power and if you make a few small (sustainable, as in permanent) changes to your eating habits you'll be surprised how much you can eat sensibly without feeling deprived or restricted.

G'luck
  • rachelpower82
    rachelpower82 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ive set it to 1.5lb a week. You’re right its still lower than my maintenance anyway :) Didnt think of it like that.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day of tracking cals and omg I cant believe how much I eat!!
    Even though ive made a concious effort to ‘eat healthy’ today im still over my daily cal allowance by almost 400 cals!! Dread to think how many ive been eating daily. The fact im 230lbs now, i know why!!
    Big changes have to be made. Im so fedup of going around in circles :/

You've eaten 1800 cals (from what you've said in your other thread), that's not actually a massive amount of cals...

its just short of maintenance for me, but i'm a lot smaller than you.

this is a marathon not a sprint... be in a deficit most of the time, and you'll lose weight. stressing over 1 day will make this a very difficult process for you...