The Procrastination Thread

Options
caco_ethes
caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
What do you do to procrastinate? What things do you procrastinate doing?

Replies

• caco_ethes
    Options
    I come here and make threads
  • kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I come here and “jif”.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    I put off packing. And getting out of bed
  • kindalikevelma
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Im putting off finalizing my benefits.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    What do you do to procrastinate? What things do you procrastinate doing?

Finally! It took you forever to make this thread!
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    i need to clean my fridge out.

instead of doing that this evening though- i think i'll just pack some more for trip. next week.
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    I'm here lurking. Dropping the occasional comment. Such as this one. You're witnessing procrastination in real time.
  • kindalikevelma
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

instead of doing that this evening though- i think i'll just pack some more for trip. next week.
    Cleaning out the fridge is my least favorite house chore I think.
  • iMago
    Options

i clean pretty regularly. i like things having an order to them. but when it comes to the fridge its like i have a blind spot
  • kindalikevelma
    Options

i clean pretty regularly. i like things having an order to them. but when it comes to the fridge its like i have a blind spot

Every Tuesday it gets a full deep clean but I regularly Clorox wipe it. I keep a lot of herbs in my fridge and they always have little bits that fall off and get stuck under the crisper drawers. It’s maddening.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I write "to do" lists on post its and stick them on my desk, kitchen cabinets and even the back of my phone...and ignore them

Like:
    - get winter tires put on
    - make dr appointment
    - go through clothes/shoes to donate

I look at it several times a day, and am like "nah"
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    We are in the middle of a kitchen remodel and I need to purge my cabinets if some of the old plastic dishes, mostly cups from restaurants and events and such. I don't actually want to do this because I remember where I got a lot of them and don't want to throw them out.
    To procrastinate on this, I have convinced the DH that I need floating shelves to display some of my more decorative glassware. He agrees, and if he installs them, I may not need the extra space anymore. If he figures out I'm doing this to keep from throwing out old plastic cups, he may change his mind about the floating shelves...
  • DawnOfTheDead_Lift
    DawnOfTheDead_Lift Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Currently procrastinating completing these audit requests.
  • caco_ethes
    Options

Cleaning the fridge might be my favorite! But i grew up in a household with 7 people and a tired mom so the fridge always looked like this

sm0lxlujdc8p.jpeg

I clean it out about once a week now.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    sarjenki wrote: »
    We are in the middle of a kitchen remodel and I need to purge my cabinets if some of the old plastic dishes, mostly cups from restaurants and events and such. I don't actually want to do this because I remember where I got a lot of them and don't want to throw them out.
    To procrastinate on this, I have convinced the DH that I need floating shelves to display some of my more decorative glassware. He agrees, and if he installs them, I may not need the extra space anymore. If he figures out I'm doing this to keep from throwing out old plastic cups, he may change his mind about the floating shelves...

Oh man, i love purging cupboards! I’m envious. I wander around looking for things to get rid of and thinking ridiculous things like “Do we REALLY need a toaster? Couldn’t we just toast bread in the oven? Maybe if i get rid of all my pots and pans i can learn to cook everything in a crockpot.” It’s actually kind of annoying.
  • caco_ethes
    Options

What’s an audit request?
  • iMago
    Options

Oh man, i love purging cupboards! I’m envious. I wander around looking for things to get rid of and thinking ridiculous things like “Do we REALLY need a toaster? Couldn’t we just toast bread in the oven? Maybe if i get rid of all my pots and pans i can learn to cook everything in a crockpot.” It’s actually kind of annoying.

cmon Hildy, you gotta get on that toaster oven and instant pot life its nearly 2019
  • caco_ethes
    Options

cmon Hildy, you gotta get on that toaster oven and instant pot life its nearly 2019

Toaster ovens and instant pots are big and bulky items that I don’t need because i have a toaster and a crockpot 😏
  • DawnOfTheDead_Lift
    DawnOfTheDead_Lift Posts: 753 Member
    Options

What’s an audit request?

You don't want to know.