Breakfast.

Options
2»

Replies

• PurpleSparkles85
    PurpleSparkles85 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    One of my quick go-tos is a quesadilla and a piece of fruit. Rice cakes and nut butter with a piece of fruit is another. Had leftover rice this week so I made it similar to how I make oatmeal with dried fruit—different texture—and 3 slices of Canadian bacon. Gotta have my protein in the morning!
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    It depends. Sometimes I have leftovers. Other times I have an omelette. At the moment I am really in to grilled asparagus and soft boiled eggs drizzled with white truffle infused extra virgin olive oil.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfasts are:

1 serving (45 g dry) steel cut oats and 2 eggs fried in 7 g coconut oil (eggs go on top of oats), 1 cup 2% or whole Fairlife milk, carafe of coffee, 150-200 g fruit or veg

1-2 slices of toast, 2-3 eggs fried or scrambled in g coconut oil, 1 cup 2% or whole Fairlife milk, carafe of coffee, 150-200 g fruit or veg

I have one of the two of those 90% of the time.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    m3u73aacbshl.jpg
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I usually go to eggs. Lately a fried egg with Swiss cheese on a toasted whole wheat English muffin.
  • annk18
    annk18 Posts: 85 Member
    Options

But that's weirder than my usual breakfast. More commonly I have a vegetable omelet -- whatever I have on hand, for example spinach, leek, and zucchini, with 2 eggs, some feta.

Oh, and coffee. ;-)[/quote]

This sounds like my kind of breakfast, although sometimes I'll throw in some meat. My problem is that since it differs from morning to morning how do you log it?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    You could try my wife’s go-to breakfast - oatmeal topped with canned mackerel. One of her favorites. Or sometimes she’ll substitute cottage cheese for the oatmeal.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Depends on whether I'm at home or in China. And then in China whether it is a workday or weekend
    This Saturday morning in China it was a couple eggs with red onion, green bell pepper, habanero pepper, and pork.
    d8jf5lgzeryt.jpg
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    You people that have actual food for breakfast.
    sdz1llookpc5.jpg

• gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I usually have a black coffee with one of the following: 18 g almonds, triple zero vanilla yogurt, triscuits and cheddar cheese, or a slice of wheat toast with an ounce of goat cheese. Depends on what I have and my mood.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    annk18 wrote: »

But that's weirder than my usual breakfast. More commonly I have a vegetable omelet -- whatever I have on hand, for example spinach, leek, and zucchini, with 2 eggs, some feta.

Oh, and coffee. ;-)

This sounds like my kind of breakfast, although sometimes I'll throw in some meat. My problem is that since it differs from morning to morning how do you log it?[/quote]

Logged as:

2 eggs (I break them into a bowl, so sometimes weigh them, sometimes I don't, just log 2 large eggs)
    feta (added to the bowl, and then I stir, so I do weigh)

whatever vegetables I add, for example:

x g of spinach (or estimate)
    x g of broccoli (or estimate)
    x g of mushrooms (or estimate)

1 tsp of olive oil (or whatever you add)

Most of the vegetables I'd add for an omelet are going to be in my frequent foods (or recent foods), as will eggs and feta and olive oil, so it's really easy once you've been logging for a bit and have those foods available.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I rotate between yoghurt and berries, oatmeal and a big old slab of toast and butter. With coffee.