Bullet Journaling, Crafting, Etc.

PKM0515
PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
Share your ideas! :)

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,960 Member
    I found some Faber Castell Aquarelle Pencils in my supplies. They are great. Can use like pencil then touch with wet brush to creat shading and shadows. Very fun!!!
  • PKM0515
    @MadisonMolly2017, those sound great!

I'm actually going to see about getting some watercolor paints today. I don't consider myself to be artistic AT ALL, but I'm going to try to just have fun.

In one of her beautiful and inspiring YouTube vlogs, Jordan Clark used plain, round stickers from the office supply store and painted them with watercolors. They were so pretty and perfect for sealing envelopes!

As far as "journaling," for 2019 I want to set up a health and fitness journal. Knowing how I am, I think I'm going to use a pretty loose-leaf binder instead of a bound journal. That way I won't freak out if I mess up. I hope to include some habit trackers, ideas for meal planning/food prep (I really need work in this area), and some inspirational "vision board" elements.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,960 Member
    @SaraKim17

Yes, it’s all about having fun! Love the sticker idea!! You can also decorate your pages in your Journal!!

Yes, binders are perfect!

I started working in bound journals again (sometimes) after seeing an exhibit of a famous artists journals &

Some only had something on first page - just like mine!

And some were more filled but occasionally there was a page with a giant black Xover the image!!! LOL

Really freed me up!!!!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Hi Friends,
    I found you guys! I’m going to try to do more journaling. I do have a journal that I was keeping for a few months that only required one line a day. IT’s not so daunting. But I like color, stickers, and lettering... so I am going to get a composition notebook and cover it with washi tape to decorate.

Also, I love Fabre Castille markers and pencils. I watched a CNN video on the company last week. They are family run.
    One more thing... if you like drawing with color pencils, Prisma color pencils come in a tin and they work very well. Xo
  • thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    So, I've been trying to work on my hand lettering and I picked up some of the Tombow fudenosuke pens. It feels like I'll never get better!! I'm going to keep trying though. Any thoughts on how to improve are appreciated.
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    edited November 2018
    I found some Faber Castell Aquarelle Pencils in my supplies. They are great. Can use like pencil then touch with wet brush to creat shading and shadows. Very fun!!!

Love those!!! This past summer I have been buying dollar store tin baskets and wall decor and painting them with patio paints, paint pens and adding texture to them with other prices of tin I weld onto them...ie...textured wings on a flat plain bird....things like that...I hate decor when I can rock.it better and cheaper .....well at least cheaper🙄🤷😁

• Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Moon_Stone wrote: »
    @caco_ethes inspired me to create a daily gratitude journal. So here is my doodle journal to list 5 things I’m grateful for daily starting today.

x14svaivw5t8.jpeg

What a great idea!❤ If you need help with ideas of what you should be grateful for....Id add your taste in music😉....maybe I should say I am grateful for your taste😘🙋
  • PKM0515
    @RubyRed427, I'm glad you found us!

@skram01, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, Jordan Clark has a YouTube video on "How to Improve Your Handwriting." Maybe you've already seen it.

Loving everyone's ideas! :)

Yesterday I got in a 10-15 minute conversation with a complete stranger at Staples. Two bullet-journal-obsessed women swapping stories about our favorite bloggers! Interestingly, we both started out as list-crazy DayTimer users. (DayTimer IS a great tool.)

Attempted to go to Michaels today, but NO parking! Michaels is in a strip mall with a number of other stores, including ShopRite, so I shouldn't be surprised.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Count me in on this group. I started a bullet journal awhile ago and have not kept it up. I want to develop the habit because it is such a great system for me.
  • PKM0515
    Yesterday I wrote a snail mail letter to a friend who moved across the country. I want to use up the stationary I have currently (I have a lot), but my goal is to eventually send one of the wonderful "penpal" type letters I've seen on YouTube.

I wanted to get the letter off quickly, so I sent it "on it's own." Next time I hope to include a little something like a homemade bookmark. I have so many simple craft ideas saved on Pinterest.

In 2019 I hope to write more letters, maybe reconnect with some cousins I rarely see. I do enjoy writing.

(Sorry for all the "I's".)

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,157 Member
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    Yesterday I wrote a snail mail letter to a friend who moved across the country. I want to use up the stationary I have currently (I have a lot), but my goal is to eventually send one of the wonderful "penpal" type letters I've seen on YouTube.

I wanted to get the letter off quickly, so I sent it "on it's own." Next time I hope to include a little something like a homemade bookmark. I have so many simple craft ideas saved on Pinterest.

In 2019 I hope to write more letters, maybe reconnect with some cousins I rarely see. I do enjoy writing.

In my area, they have a “letter writing “ club that meets at a local coffee shop or stationary store. I have always wanted to go to the meetings. Maybe this month or next I will go and write some letters. I’ll have to check out the pen pal letters on youtube. Thanks for sharing.
  • PKM0515
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    SaraKim17 wrote: »

In my area, they have a “letter writing “ club that meets at a local coffee shop or stationary store. I have always wanted to go to the meetings. Maybe this month or next I will go and write some letters. I’ll have to check out the pen pal letters on youtube. Thanks for sharing.

@RubyRed427, I love this idea! I haven't heard about anything like this around me, but I'll do some research. Maybe a Meet-up group?

I might be able to start something at a local library. The libraries around me have a LOT of activities, but letter writing I haven't heard of. (Big library fan here.)
  • PKM0515
    My small group went out for a nice, early Thanksgiving meal yesterday. I was home by 4:00, so after a quick walk and a cup of tea, I actually decided to venture to Michaels, which opened at 5:00.

My small haul (is that an oxymoron?): two Stabilo markers in bright red and vibrant green (very thin tips), a trio of washi tape (my first time buying), and a very inexpensive set of pearlescent watercolors. I don't think I've used watercolors since I was about 5!

I'm going to try to discover my creative side. I used to love to write and actually wrote a short poem this morning. I'd like to try incorporating it into a collage of some sort. First, though, I plan to finish my Christmas and holiday cards. I'm enjoying writing tiny notes on them and decorating the envelopes with pretty stickers.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    edited November 2018
    I was bullet journalling for a while, but don't have the time for it now, so I've gone back to using spreadsheets again, I did enjoy it when I did have the time though:

• PKM0515
    @RubyRed427, beautiful painting! You are very talented.

@tinkerbellang83, I'm so glad you posted some bullet journal pages!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    I've been (not) working on a collage picture of a seadragon on canvas for years. Four, to be exact!! I love it, and was so inspired by this strange animal, but need to get around to finishing it!!! Yikes! 😲
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    [quote="RubyRed427;c-42923989"
    3hr9lohuheuf.jpg
    [/quote]
    This is amazing!! I would love to take a beginner painting class. I'm pro at stippling, but paint has never been my medium.
  • PKM0515
    Steph_135 wrote: »
    I've been (not) working on a collage picture of a seadragon on canvas for years. Four, to be exact!! I love it, and was so inspired by this strange animal, but need to get around to finishing it!!! Yikes! 😲

I love this idea!
  • PKM0515
    Clueless user alert! :p

I bought washi tape for the first time. I CANNOT get the tape separated from the backing! I have spent 15 minutes struggling with this! Tips or hints for the craft-impaired? I'm about to resort to a glue stick.

(Please don't tell me I'm not supposed to peel/separate it...)