Weight not coming off

Options
Any tips,how to get the weight to come off. ? Been tracking but not coming off :(

Replies

• gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Some information that would help us help you:

Current weight
    Goal weight
    Settings on MFP (activity level, how much you’re planning to lose each week, how many daily calories you’re aiming for)

How long have been tracking for?
    Do you use a food scale?
    How do you log any exercise calories?
    Have you read the threads about how to choose the correct food entries while logging?
    Do you log every bite and drink you take with no exceptions?

• gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Also, are you able to make your food diary public so we can see any problem areas with logging?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above questions. There's just not enough information to determine what's not working for you.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Every possible reason you could not be losing weight - and solutions for every one of them:
    https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Any tips,how to get the weight to come off. ? Been tracking but not coming off :(

Been tracking for how long?
  • nasrinkhan5844
    nasrinkhan5844 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new here but I have the same problem , not losing weight this week. My starting weight was 207 in 3 1/2 weeks I have lost a stone , so am now 197 , I have been eating between 1200 to 1300 calories per day. I have been quite good every day , I run my own cafe so am quite active . I thought I would lose it quicker though..... anyone? By the way I am 5ft 6 and age 50 😫
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new here but I have the same problem , not losing weight this week. My starting weight was 207 in 3 1/2 weeks I have lost a stone , so am now 197 , I have been eating between 1200 to 1300 calories per day. I have been quite good every day , I run my own cafe so am quite active . I thought I would lose it quicker though..... anyone? By the way I am 5ft 6 and age 50 😫

you've lost 14lbs in 3 and a half weeks... not sure how much faster you want than that? its a borderline unhealthy rate of loss as it is.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

You've lost 14lbs in 3 1/2 weeks, that's awesome, a bit too much actually for healthy loss. You need to adjust your expectations, average loss of 1-2lbs a week is the norm.

OP, how long have you been tracking?
  • ksl10
    ksl10 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Nasrinkhan - please think in terms of months and years, rather than weeks. I was 50 lb overweight, and over the course of 2 years lost the extra weight. The logging became very easy and second nature a way of life. Weight loss, 2lb per month with no suffering, and in fact enjoying eating much more because there was no guilt. Logging was worth the effort considering the body is your most valuable asset.

Good luck - hang in there. Congratulations on getting to 3 1/2 weeks. That shows a commitment to a new way of life - it should get easier and easier.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    vm2b9gur9x81.jpg