Best Breakfast Food?

Options
2»

Replies

• rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    high protein greek yogurt, a smattering of homemade granola, a banana and some coffee works best for me.
  • GigiShy
    GigiShy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Pick up some good books like Eat Fat Lose Fat, Real Food Has Curves, Omnivore's Dilemma, In Defense of Food. Start searching and you'll start learning - and getting truth, great recipes, and health.

Best wishes!
    Shyla
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    like stated previously, oatmeal with fruity toppings mm
  • cjlarsen77
    cjlarsen77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Reply to the person who asked what's wrong with Cholesterol. It may not be a problem for you, but it a serious problem for some people.

If you are female, overweight and over forty, you are at high risk for gallstone disease. The doctors charmingly refer to it as
    fat-female-overforty. Cholesterol is very bad, as basically, gallstones are made of little rocks of excess cholesterol. A high-fat meal can bring on a gallstone attack. This happens when the gallbladder is so full of gallstones, that the opening gets temporarily blocked.

A mild attack feels like someone poked you violently with their finger in the spot on your mid-upper right torso where your gall bladder is - but it just keeps on feeling that way - sometimes for hours. A moderate attack feels the same but much worse.
    A severe attack feels like someone stuck a spear through you - you can feel it going through your front and out of your back. A severe attack is also often accompanied by nausea. If it gets worse than that, it can kill you.

Most doctors recommend that if you have gallstone disease you should have your gallbladder removed. What they don't mention is that
    a) a significant percentage of people still suffer gallstone attack symptoms after gallbladder removal
    b) having the gallbladder removed does not stop the body from producing gallstones (sometimes they are found in fun places like the pancreas ;-)
    c) after your gallbladder is removed they put you on a very fat restrictive diet
    d) there are expensive medications that can gradually reduce the size of gallstones
    e) mint tea has been shown (medical study, canada) to reduce the size of gallstones

The best way to deal with gallstone disease is through diet and exercise. Cholesterol and fats should be very limited. I've had moderate to severe gallstone disease for about 15 years now. The more I weigh the worse it gets. A high fat meal almost always brings on an attack (usually just a mild one). I've avoided surgery through limiting my fat intake, and through drinking at least a quart of mint tea a day. Good thing I like mint tea.

Also, if you are fat enough to have gallstone disease, have them check you for Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD)
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    lots of protein will fill you up with minimal calories. ham and/or turkey with some provolone cheese and turkey bacon - some yogurt if i'm feeling saucy lol. that's pretty much my go-to breakfast every morning. oh, and coffee. always lots of coffee.
  • sag494
    sag494 Posts: 23
    Options
    thanks guys!