4 weeks not losing... demotivated

Options
Hello all

I am really demotivated right now ...maybe someone can give some advice. My weight is 146 lbs on 5f7 and I have religiously been lifting heavy with a trainer twice a week and then one hour HIIT trainings twice. I want to be at my old weight of 135.
He put me on a low carb, high protein diet.. 1500 cals and macros are 50 p, 30 c, 20 f.
I see a big difference in my shoulder and arms that I gained muscle but on the scale I weigh exactly the same. Not an ounce less.
How can that be? I am so strict with weighing every morsel and still nothing.
Will the weight ever come off? We tried going down to 1300 cals this week but still nothing on the scale.

I am 36...

Why..or does the muscle I gained equal out fat loss on the scale? I doubt it...

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    When did you start working out? Are you taking measurements? How are your clothes fitting?
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I am weighing all the foods on a scale... even salad. Mornings it’s usually 184 g egg whites, 20g oatmeal, 1 egg. Lunch is 4 oz chicken with 180 g broccoli or any other greens. Dinner is again 184 g egg whites and 2 eggs with 2 cups of spinach.
    Snacks are 4 oz chickenbreast midmorning, afternoon 15 almonds, evening, 1 cup fat free Greek yogurt with 1\2 berries.

That’s what I eat pretty much every day..

I am female. I know I am perfectly at a ok weight but not for me, myself.. I gained 15 lbs in one year that I am trying to get rid of.

I gave you a hug because there's no way I could stick to that food plan and be happy. Only you can decide if it's worth it. Just be aware that at your current height and weight, it will be a long slow process.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    The number on the scale means absolutely nothing. I think the only time the scale actually means something is for someone who is severely overweight. When you get down to smaller numbers the scale no longer holds the same value. Muscle is more dense than fat. It is common to gain muscle, lose fat at the same time, and the number on the scale to show absolutely no change. This is a body recomposition. Measure your success based on body measurements and progress pictures. If you are seeing muscle gains so far, you are doing great. Trust the process.

do you have any idea how hard it is to put muscle on? especially for a female? no woman is going to put muscle on at a rate that would out-pace fat loss - especially not while eating 1300-1500 calories per day. much more likely to be a water retention or measurement issue.

yep muscle gain to fat loss is not a 1:1 ratio. so you are correct. heck Im eating at to a little over maintenance and its very slow going for me and my calories are 1800-2100 calories a day.(My bmr is 1272 and Im lightly active,calculators for BMR and TDEE give me 200-300 more than actual for me)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    You haven't answered. Is the workout new to you? Water weight from new exercise is my first guess. Here's an awesome article...

http://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/