Anyone lost weight only by walking?

Options
How many kgs did you lose & in what duration? How many Km do you walk daily?
Thanks.

Replies

• jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    As others have said before me, the only thing that matters for weight loss is a calorie deficit. How you achieve that is entirely up to you. That being said, I'm not big on exercise, so I only walk. If the weather is good enough, around 7-10 km per day, at a very moderate pace. At the moments it's less than that because it gets dark too early, and I hate walking on the streets to get my kilometers in.
  • TeamNemesisSteve
    TeamNemesisSteve Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I did. 2-5 miles a day for around 5 months. Lost about .5 pounds a week. Walked 7 days a week.
  • TimeToReduceFat
    TimeToReduceFat Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the responses.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    My first 3 pregnancies I walked on my treadmill and lost 120lbs twice and 70lbs the last one just walking. My 4th pregnancy I have been struggling for 6 yrs but just bought a new treadmill so I don't miss a workout. I am down 20lbs just walking at the gym and cutting calories. Log your calories, if you over eat then walk those calories away, and don't give up..the last 6 yrs I have battled health issues so I had to work on that then losing weight but I am walking.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    I have found that walking one hour a day five days a week is a good “tool” to have and use in my weight loss tool chest. It is time consuming but very effective.

Having sai that, it’s supplemental for me as my primary tools are KB training, burpees and occasional running.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    When I started losing weight walking was all I did - to and from work (15 mins each way) then 1/2 hour at lunchtime. I would eat back my exercise calories mostly, or save some for the weekend. The important thing is being accurate with logging - not over-estimating your walking speed, and weighing/measuring all your food and drink. You can lose weight just walking as long as you maintain a calorie deficit. Once you have lost some weight you may want to introduce other exercise - I added in some moderate exercise DVDs (20 mins or so at a time) then discovered Zumba (massive calorie burn - love it!). But I still keep walking in the repertoire
  • NikaIris
    NikaIris Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I lost 66lbs with calorie counting and walking 10k steps per day.
    I'm 5'7, SW: 211 and CW: 145.
    My GW is 135, so almost there. :)
    It took me about a year to get there.

Walking worked great for me, because I listen to music or podcasts and just walk and walk and walk. Very Relaxing and it also helped me through periods of depression and anxiety.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Love to walk!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!