MFP numbers changed but I didn't do anything!

Options
yesterday my Daily protein intake arbitrarily changed from 88g per day to 81g per day? Why? I did not adjust any of my goals and this was BEFORE weekly weigh in.

Why is MFP adjusting my protein intake?

Anyone else have this issue?

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Mine only adjusts when I log exercise.
  • vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I think it’s because the more exercise you do, the more protein you require.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    vanmep wrote: »

No, it's because the more exercise you do, the more calories you need, and they have to be allotted to some macro, and MFP just pro-rates them according to your macro split (at least, that's how it works in the basic version -- I think you may be able to tweak how the additional exercise calories are split on the premium version). So you get more protein, but you also get more fat and more carbs.
  • Dilvish
    Dilvish Posts: 398 Member
    Options

the protein requirement decreased not increased and again I did nothing...no adjustments to goals or exercise...
  • Dilvish
    Dilvish Posts: 398 Member
    Options

No, it's because the more exercise you do, the more calories you need, and they have to be allotted to some macro, and MFP just pro-rates them according to your macro split (at least, that's how it works in the basic version -- I think you may be able to tweak how the additional exercise calories are split on the premium version). So you get more protein, but you also get more fat and more carbs.

Like I said, I did nothing...no changes... hence the term "arbitrary adjustment".
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Dilvish wrote: »

the protein requirement decreased not increased and again I did nothing...no adjustments to goals or exercise...

If you do not have an activity tracker synced to MFP and are not logging exercise, and your macro goals are changing, then you have a technical bug and need to contact the Help Desk, I would think.