Weight gain

So I’ve been consistently putting on 3 lbs a month which is good considering I want to gain weight, but I want to know if that is too much weight gain a month and if so do I need to slow down or I can continue on as long as it isn’t higher?

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    That's really up to you and depends on your stats and your goals. Gender, height, current weight, exercise program? Are you trying to gain muscle, or were you underweight and looking to get to a healthy weight? How long have you been gaining? How do you feel about it?
  • Allsmiles358
    Allsmiles358 Posts: 11 Member
    I was looking to gain healthy weight. Last time I weighed myself I was 94.4 lbs. Personally, I like the weight gain and am trying to reach my weight gain goal of 110 lbs. i am 5’0 and a half and am a female. I started my gaining back in the middle of August. I mainly work on the bottom half of my body doing squats, lunges, etc. because I have a muscular build on my top half.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I was looking to gain healthy weight. Last time I weighed myself I was 94.4 lbs. Personally, I like the weight gain and am trying to reach my weight gain goal of 110 lbs. i am 5’0 and a half and am a female. I started my gaining back in the middle of August. I mainly work on the bottom half of my body doing squats, lunges, etc. because I have a muscular build on my top half.

if you're happy with your body composition then it sounds fine.