First real test of maintenance

Had surgery yesterday (yay for new boobs- weight loss had caused a "2 teabags hanging on a washing line" situation)

I expect to gain some back, swelling etc while I'm healing, plus majorly curtailed exercise for next while

I'm not worrying much about logging etc this week, although I'm finding I'm still eating more or less the same. When I feel better and more mobile I'll go back to routine.

I am fairly confident that whatever gains happen now, I can get it back to normal in the weeks/months to come. But this is the first test of whether I'll go back to my old ways. I dont think so, but holding thumbs

Replies

• rsergeant79
    rsergeant79 Posts: 45 Member
    Oooh lucky you! New boobs are on my list but having TT done in 2 weeks! Eek!
    Am worried about maintaining my weight also but figure just keep doing what I'm doing and try and ignore the fluctuations that will come post surgery - good luck!
  • AndThenIWoreIt
    AndThenIWoreIt Posts: 25 Member
    I love the sneaky title of this post when it’s really about Yay! New boobs! Congratulations, and may your new profile be yet another motivator toward keeping up the good work and good health.

Now forgive me, but I think I absolutely have to start a thread on what our boobs look like now 😂
  • tracengel
    tracengel Posts: 28 Member
    So it's been a week since the surgery and sure enough I've gained about 3kg, it's already started to come down again as inflammation decreases. To make you laugh at my idiocy: I forgot to account for the extra weight of the actual new boobage apparatus. Which means that my new normal is always going to be a little more than before. Felt a bit silly when I remembered that.
  • tracengel
    tracengel Posts: 28 Member
    edited November 2018
    OK now you have to tell us — how much do they weigh? I’ve always been curious (having none myself).

haha - reasonable and nothing crazy: 300cc in one size and 275 in the other - corresponds to grams. So 575g in total. I was lopsided. I don't know how other people do it with bigger ones. It feels weird still.

My weight fluctuations have remained less than 1kg either way, mostly, so an extra 500g is something to be aware of
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    It sounds like you have a great attitude. Take it easy, give yourself plenty of time to heal. Water retention/swelling lasts a long time, so don’t stress for a month or so. Also don’t over restrict because you need those calories to heal (create new tissue). Cheers!