Happy Scale- Trending Weight

Options
I remember when using a food scale rocked my world. It's amazing what results you get when you're forced to be honest with yourself.

This was my next mind blown tool. Of course I knew what trending weight meant. Never used it though. Would just log daily, and because my weight would ping pong everyday due to sodium, food weight, water, whatever, I felt defeated before I made any true progress. I'm 23 days in using Happy Scale, and seeing my weight trend helps me keep my eye on the prize. It genuinely is changing the course of my weight loss and my results. Who knew this is what I needed and was missing all along!

It's funny what tools we find that make all the difference, and how much they can vary. Anyone have a staple that was a major game changer for them to be consistent and reach their goals?

And if you're not weight trending, do it! I'm still shocked how much it has changed my perspective and motivation.

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I love my weight trending app, too (Android, so I use Libra) :smile: Particularly when you reach the point in weight loss where things seem to slow down to a crawl, it's nice to have that 'big picture' perspective.

Plus, I like being able to go back to a specific day and say, 'Oh, so that's what I weighed on Thanksgiving last year!' :lol:
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Yup, and a trend weight app gets even more useful once you get to maintenance. It helps you understand when your weight might be creeping out of your maintenance range, vs. temporarily going out of your range due to a salty meal or other normal fluctuation. It's very helpful for not getting worried about every little change on the scale.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend a trending app for the many people who see fluctuation in their weight and get discouraged by it. I'm also a happy user of Happy Scale.
  • raindogmaa
    raindogmaa Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    WOW! Never knew such an app existed. Downloaded Happy Scale and can't wait to see the progress. Thanks!
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Happy Scale is the best! I feel like I have a much better perspective on my weight fluctuations since I started using it. And weighing daily has really helped me understand how so many different things effect what number shows up on the scale.
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Another vote for a weight trending app! It completely changed the way I view weight loss, and it helped me enormously not to stress when the scale shows 600 g extra overnight. Yeah, yeah, whatever! Before that, that weight "gain" would've really discouraged me.
  • Elphaba1313
    Elphaba1313 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I use “My Weight” and it’s saved my sanity. Especially during this times when the scales Just. Won’t. Budge. I can see the downward trend and where it’s got stuck in the past, and know it will drop eventually.

• MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I use Monitor my weight on Android. I like that I can put a note in addition to the weight to remind myself why the scale is not moving. I try to consider daily weights as a data point and that's it. The overall trend is more telling.
  • krael65
    krael65 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I agree completely! I don't use a weight trending app, but I do something similar with excel spreadsheets.
    Another game changer for me was using an activity tracker (FitBit in my case). Having as much data as possible is so helpful in looking at the big picture.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    krael65 wrote: »
    I agree completely! I don't use a weight trending app, but I do something similar with excel spreadsheets.
    Another game changer for me was using an activity tracker (FitBit in my case). Having as much data as possible is so helpful in looking at the big picture.

Oh yeah, I'm such a data nerd too! My fitbit data and extensive spreadsheet are my pride and joy (and yeah, really help with the big picture)
  • Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    Yup, and a trend weight app gets even more useful once you get to maintenance. It helps you understand when your weight might be creeping out of your maintenance range, vs. temporarily going out of your range due to a salty meal or other normal fluctuation. It's very helpful for not getting worried about every little change on the scale.

Solid point!! This might be the key for maintenance as we know it! :wink: Love that
  • Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    raindogmaa wrote: »
    WOW! Never knew such an app existed. Downloaded Happy Scale and can't wait to see the progress. Thanks!

Yay! this makes me happy. My work here is done haha. Jk But hopefully it saves you a lot of frustration, confusion, and time, and makes the process even a little bit easier!