Helping my 10 year old

Options
13»

Replies

• kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue with my daughter, we made it about being healthy not weight loss. Kids have so much growth to do. Good luck 😊
  • helsbelskels
    helsbelskels Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue with my 9yr old - his brother was always sporty so though a little heavier has slimmed down with age because of his sports. I have signed up my son for Race at Your Pace www.raceatyourpace.co.uk so he gets a medal at the end of the month. I have pre-worked out mile "laps" from our house - to the shop, to the football pitch etc - he picks the route and off we go. He likes to take the medal to school. We started at a lower level but are going to 50 miles for December. I talk about food being nothing but fuel and occasionally get the scales out to show him what a "portion" size is and also the different amounts of say a sugary cereal vs a non sugary one for the same calories. Just a visual cue rather than becoming becoming the food police or putting too much onus on weight. I just want him to understand fuel in = energy out and if he's not doing much energy wise he doesn't need as much food wise. Hope this helps, we're 3lb down since half term just doing this.