Hello everyone!

Options
I'm new to this, but it seems the Myfitnesspal app is just what I needed. (Thanks to my wife and daughters for the nudge. They've been members for years!)
This may not be the right place to ask, but I'm struggling with Carbs. The app set the goal at 259g, but it seems all the fad diets are Carb free... I love bread. Tuna Salad on 12 grain is(was) a staple and a lunch I could take to work. I've also noticed all the fruit I've been eating to fill up is high in carbs. Can I still eats carbs and lose weight?

Replies

• Tammyrae99
    Tammyrae99 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can. 259 is a lot if you are not Active.
  • MarieRosekenji85
    MarieRosekenji85 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I eat the missions low carb wraps, they are pretty good. Also calories in, calories out. thats what really matters for weight loss. everything in moderation :)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    All the fad diets have success because they trick you into thinking you've done something special when all you've done is accidentally managed to create a calorie deficit. Myfitnesspal cuts out the crap and simply gives you the tools to log your food and exercise to determine if you have a daily calorie deficit or not. Yesterday I noticed that I could yank on my belt and reach the next shorter hole. That's what happens when you string together a lot of days and weeks and months in calorie deficits.

Your best interest is served in being sure that you get your protein and fat targets. Carbs are going to happen, but you have to pay attention to getting protein and fat correctly.