Who is sticking to the diet 4 Thanksgiving?

2Β»

Replies

• Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Okay, two cinny rolls and, like, 15 pieces of bacon.

Just when I couldn't ❀ ya anymore...BOOM! More bacon!πŸ˜‹πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ˜
  • Chael2dot0
    Chael2dot0 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Okay, two cinny rolls and, like, 15 pieces of bacon.

Just when I couldn't ❀ ya anymore...BOOM! More bacon!πŸ˜‹πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ˜

Lol. ❀️😘
  • Maestromik3y
    Maestromik3y Posts: 35 Member
    I'm in the kitchen now and the smells from last night's pies and today's turkey are devine! Today is just a day to enjoy everyone and be merry like Christmas....I'll be so busy I wont worry about over eating....the leftovers will be the problem hahaha...everyone is taking big.take home dishes....get the desserts away and I'll be golden.....because come on PIE!!!??? Ammirite?πŸ€—πŸ˜‹

I made apple, pumpkin, pecan and some mini blueberry cheesecake, cannoli, and tiramisu on and cookies too, chocolate chip, sugar, and oatmeal with white choc. Macadamia nuts and craisens...yum! Lol

You don't wanna see the spread...we get wild with food....Italian(antipasto, homemade ravioli and tom. sauce with meatballs sausages and pork...we call.it Sunday gravy lol) me, puerto Rican rice and beans Nicks nana❀, and all the other traditional fare.πŸ—..hey it's all about celebrating with your family & friends and being thankful...which I am....gotta go! Much to.do...have a blessed day my friends!!!

Hugs!
    Ali❀😘

Yes, yes, and yes to everything here lol
    Deliciously laid out thanksgiving dinner!

I’m not cooking but I will be going to my mothers for our Dominican Style TG dinner celebration :smile:

Not exactly

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    After lunch, I'll step onto my cardio machine and watch football on my tv. #gym@home.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    I like Dominican food. I love the goat stew. Yum.
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    I’m not counting, I’ll be back to normal tomorrow
  • Maestromik3y
    I like Dominican food. I love the goat stew. Yum.

Jaja I was in DR 2 months ago and had that on a mountaintoptop.. yumm

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I hate the food served on Thanksgiving so I opt out. Nothing to do with some strictness on my MFP-use or anything like that but I'll be within my goals today. Normal breakfast, small simple lunch, and a slightly big dinner with a little alcohol (crab nachos and craft beer). Celebratory but not on the level of a big feast.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    We don't celebrate Thanksgiving where I live. And I haven't actually found turkey appealing either.
  • Nicksmom106
    I'm in the kitchen now and the smells from last night's pies and today's turkey are devine! Today is just a day to enjoy everyone and be merry like Christmas....I'll be so busy I wont worry about over eating....the leftovers will be the problem hahaha...everyone is taking big.take home dishes....get the desserts away and I'll be golden.....because come on PIE!!!??? Ammirite?πŸ€—πŸ˜‹

I made apple, pumpkin, pecan and some mini blueberry cheesecake, cannoli, and tiramisu on and cookies too, chocolate chip, sugar, and oatmeal with white choc. Macadamia nuts and craisens...yum! Lol

You don't wanna see the spread...we get wild with food....Italian(antipasto, homemade ravioli and tom. sauce with meatballs sausages and pork...we call.it Sunday gravy lol) me, puerto Rican rice and beans Nicks nana❀, and all the other traditional fare.πŸ—..hey it's all about celebrating with your family & friends and being thankful...which I am....gotta go! Much to.do...have a blessed day my friends!!!

Hugs!
    Ali❀😘

I’m not cooking but I will be going to my mothers for our Dominican Style TG dinner celebration :smile:

Not exactly

Hey my ex was Dominicano....he was an amazimg man...love and miss him dearly...good people! Good food! ❀ enjoy your mom and DR style TG lol hugs!
  • Maestromik3y

Hugs!
    Ali❀😘

Not exactly

Hey my ex was Dominicano....he was an amazimg man...love and miss him dearly...good people! Good food! ❀ enjoy your mom and DR style TG lol hugs!

Thanks love ❀️ hope another chance arrives at a lady like you lol
  • Nicksmom106

Hugs!
    Ali❀😘

Not exactly

Lol aw thanks hon! He was one in a million...now he's my guardian angel...πŸ’”πŸ’•...one day we'll meet again no doubt!😘
  • Maestromik3y

Hugs!
    Ali❀😘

Not exactly

Lol aw thanks hon! He was one in a million...now he's my guardian angel...πŸ’”πŸ’•...one day we'll meet again no doubt!😘

I see I understand now πŸ™πŸΌ
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Everyone is different on how they approach the Holiday. I cannot stand Turkey. So I made a nice Perdue chicken roaster. I was the one doing the cooking so had total control of what was being prepared. No green bean casserole, no sweet potato casserole disgusting foods. Roasted asparagus, roasted sweet potatoes with honey and spices. Yes with gravy and home made dressing. I banked some calories and carbs for today.

Made a low carb version of a family legend of pumpkin pie, sure mom is looking down frowning on me for this. Added a low carb cheesecake topping too.

Had some friends over, missing my kid who is thousands of miles away. Maybe another year she will be home.

But tomorrow will be right on track. Took a nice walk while that bird was roasting away. Hope for those that celebrated it, however you did it was memorable for all of the right reasons.
  • Nicksmom106

Hugs!
    Ali❀😘

Not exactly

I see I understand now πŸ™πŸΌ

Oh looong time ago.hon!!! No worries....didn't mean to make you feel bad!!πŸ˜˜πŸ€—my badπŸ™„ 🀷....and you're sweet!πŸ‘πŸ˜‰
  • zibaldize
    zibaldize Posts: 7 Member
    I didn't try to stay under my calorie limit today, but I did track everything. (When I had to guess weight, I made a generous estimate.) It was a good reminder of how quickly calories add up. No crocodile tears, and back to normal tomorrow.
    I hate the food served on Thanksgiving so I opt out. Nothing to do with some strictness on my MFP-use or anything like that but I'll be within my goals today. Normal breakfast, small simple lunch, and a slightly big dinner with a little alcohol (crab nachos and craft beer). Celebratory but not on the level of a big feast.

I think next year I'm introducing a new tradition.