Time to get serious

Options
Hello I am Angie I gained the weight 60 lbs 23 years ago and just never got serious about losing it now I have an additional 20 lbs added. I am now 45 and have chronic pain from Osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia so losing the weight is key to feeling better. I would appreciate any support and inspiration I can get and advice to do what seems the impossible of losing these 80 lbs

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,210 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. :) My advice is to just log everything, even when you don't want to. Honesty with yourself is one of the first things you can do to start moving in the right direction. You've got this!
  • seat151
    seat151 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey
  • Johnk942
    Johnk942 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You got this. This app and the community here are so helpful. I totally agree with the comment about logging everything. That is key.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Get active in the forums and join challenges for motivation and support. Use the search feature to find information about topics you are interested in. For my joints, I take a glucosamine, chondroitin & msm supplement, drink apple cider vinegar in water to help with inflammation, and have recently been interested in a high vegetable-fat keto-type diet, to continue to reduce sugar intake and inflammation. :) Best wishes!!