Liquid calories

Options
Number of liquid calories I’ve consumed since beginning my weight loss journey on 8/31/2018 is ZERO.

My favorite liquid beverage:

1) Single cup of strong black coffee in the morning - currently Italian Roast or a Peet’s Cafe Americano,

2). San Pellagrino acqua minerale,

3). Distilled water with squeeze of lime.

What about you?

Replies

• Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    The 30-35 calories of creamer in my coffee are typically the only liquid calories I have. Other than that just lots of water and occasionally diet soda.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Skinny hot chocolate 2-3 x a week, prosecco, cocktails.... :drinker:
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    This morning I had 100 calories of keto coffee. Not bad. I'm not 'doing' keto, but I wanted to try the coffee.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I drink some of my calories because I believe that when it comes to weight loss, every rule can be bent or broken if it contributes to my weight loss goal. I drink milk almost daily, tomato juice very often, hot chocolate and chai tea whenever I really want them, and rarely, a milkshake. Fruit juices, only when a diet 7up wouldn't hit the spot.

I don't like alcoholic drinks, so that's a tiny amount 1-2 times every 1-2 years. Not even worth calling it "drinking my calories" when it's just a couple of sips.

Very low calorie beverages:
    - Diet 7 up 1-2 times a week in the summer, none in the winter
    - Tea nearly daily in the winter
    - Coffee daily
    - I don't consider water a beverage, in that I don't decide to drink water, I just do it automatically when I'm thirsty. Just plain water.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I like big bad scary carbfull OMG sugar - JUICE.

yep. juice. 100% freshly squeezed fruit juice.

other than that, black coffee, extremely occasionally a cappuccino, water, sometimes beer or wine (usually only in the holidays).

The occasional smoothie.

and Kombucha too. Like that. Nice fizzy drink instead of softdrink. BUt sometimes Coke because pizza.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Probably way too much wine, Fernet and Campari. :#

CAMPARI - YES!!!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    Probably way too much wine, Fernet and Campari. :#

CAMPARI - YES!!!

I mix it with Fernet and it is amazing. Maybe a bit too amazing, woops! :p
  • Cahgetsfit
    Options

Never tried that mix. I usually just do campari and soda - refreshing and perfect!
  • sardelsa
    Options

Never tried that mix. I usually just do campari and soda - refreshing and perfect!

Fernet is definitely an acquired taste
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I drink 3+ glasses of milk every day. Liquid calories are NBD for me.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Options
    @sardelsa i've never tried Fernet. What is it like? Campari I know is not most people's favourite due to the bitterness.
  • sardelsa
    Options
    @sardelsa i've never tried Fernet. What is it like? Campari I know is not most people's favourite due to the bitterness.

It tastes really strong and intense.. very medicinal.. lots of herbs, super bitter. I add the Campari to sweeten it up :D
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Number of liquid calories I’ve consumed since beginning my weight loss journey on 8/31/2018 is ZERO.

My favorite liquid beverage:

1) Single cup of strong black coffee in the morning - currently Italian Roast or a Peet’s Cafe Americano,

2). San Pellagrino acqua minerale,

3). Distilled water with squeeze of lime.

What about you?

I have a half a bottle of Dunkin donuts mocha every morning. I mostly drink unsweet tea, but I couldn't give up my mochas entirely. And it fits into my calories.

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I normally drink mostly plain water, often warm tea in the afternoon/evening, and sometimes I put those little sugar free flavor packets in my water when I have dinner. I like a little sweet beverage (usually lemonade) with my savory meals.

I don't normally drink my calories, but it was a food holiday today, and they were serving this:

gpbkczn5x5v2.png