Fitness Tracker help

HI all am new here and just starting out, am looking for a step tracker (i know its not going to be 100%) but i would like something close that i can sync with myfitnesspal , i have tried a mi band 3 (this one recorded 50 steps while just sitting on the cupboard!) and a Huawei Watch 2 Sport Smartwatch - Black (this one only started to record my steps after 25 which dont help when sometimes i move 10 steps stop and do 10 steps again) if anyone got any recommendations it would be great.
Thanks in advance
Adrian

Replies

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    I used a fitbit zip for years. It only registers steps calories and distance but at the time it was all I needed. It synced with MFP and was reasonably accurate as these things go.

I have recently move to a fitbit charge 3 (birthday present) This also seems fairly accurate for steps. It has a lot of other features including being waterproof but it is a lot more expensive.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    I had a Huawei watch. It recorded steps quite accurately bu as you said it didn't 'update' immediately. So I'd take 20 steps and see nothing. Take another 10, still nothing, another 30 and all of a sudden it would update 60 steps (or so). This was the Huawei Watch (v1) though.

I now have a Skagen Connected (by Fossil) hybrid smart watch. It's great as it's a traditional watch face (not a screen) but records my steps, has a few programmable functions and uses the watch hands to provide notifications. Best bit is that it uses a normal watch battery and lasts for many many months so no charging.

It's also by far the single most accurate pedometer I've tested. While out walking I tested it with 50, 100, 500 and 1000 steps and the count on the watch was always about 5%-10% under the count in my head (eg 50 count showed about 48 steps, 500 count showed about 495 steps). I also did a test while I was sitting at my desk at work as well as the train ride to and from work and it only recorded a small number of phantom steps which actually worked out perfectly as I estimate it probably pretty much countered the very slight under-reporting on the genuine step count.
  • adrianmvaughan1976
    adrianmvaughan1976 Posts: 5 Member
    edited November 2018
    so i ended up getting a Fitbit Flex 2 Fitness Wristband £49.99 only cos i realised i don't need all that fancy text , notification stuff so hopefully when it comes i will be good to go. Am only doing walking to work and i walk around serving customers food, so hopefully this should be ok
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    I just got a mi bip 4 days ago. It seems pretty correct for steps and tracks a lot of other things. For an $80 device I give 5 stars