Heavy mamma looking for supports !

Options
Hey everyone !

My name is Laura and I am 32 years old and a proud mamma to a three year old boy!

I’ve always been “bigger” and have tried all the typical ways to loose weight but over the past five years have found MFP to be the only winner !

I topped the scale after my son was born at 278lb .... even though I only gained 1.8lb when I was pregnant and stayed at 250lbs but post partum hit and the weight just packed on!

I started to eat healthy and workout at home while on mat leave and managed to get down to 229 which was AMAZING!! Then mat leave ended and the real challenge began!

Balancing full time work, a toddler and then add in a husband who works out of town the majority of the time meant weight went up because my own self care went down.

I went back up to 259lbs and then got a gym membership and started back on here ! I am slowly getting back down but need some supports !

I try to log all food, sign into MFP daily and enjoy reading others posts and love seeing others food ideas and just being able to support others on this path we are all on!!

Looking for some friends who are at the similar stage!

32yr old female
5’10” tall
Starting weight: 279
Lowest weight: 229
Current weight: 243
Goal weight: 199 then reassess then as I cannot recall the last time I was under 200!

Hope to have you join my journey and allow me to take part of yours !! :)

Replies

• supergirlrekha
    supergirlrekha Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! My story is very similar. I am 32 yrs and seven months post partum after my second child. Just like you I gained minimum weight during pregnancy but gained so much weight after birth! Currently I am at 88 kg and my goal weight is 72 kg. I am also pre diabetic ( had gestational diabetes) and so have to lose weight for medical reasons as well. I joined work recently and find it very difficult to make time for work out. I'm also prone to stress eating whenever work piles up and so have to be very careful with portion control. I'm trying to put my daily calorie requirement at 1200 as I am only 5'5 ft. Hope we can support each other and lose weight for good!