Hello, guyz! I'm here... :O Nice to meet everyone!

Options
Ok, so, my name is Victoria and i'm 18 years old. I'm here to finally lose the excess weight I have.

SW: 177 lbs
GW: 120 lbs
Height: 5ft 4

I hope i am determined enough to finally get to the goal, since I have been trying to lose weight for over 3 years. This, luckily isn't my biggest weight, I was once about 210 lbs (i am totally an emotional eater) heavy, so, yeah... Because of that maybe sometimes i will even need an encouraging friend to tell me to "hang on there!" But whatever, now I'm full of energy to finish what I started long ago. D;

So I hope for your understanding and I wish everyone to get to their weight goals! It's never too late to start a new! :)

Replies

• fitmom07
    fitmom07 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am the same height and about the same weight with the same goal weight in mind! Feel free to add me and we can encourage one another!
  • Kalashnikova73
    Kalashnikova73 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    A pleasure to make your acquaintance, I have been doing this on my own for a while and I am not getting anywhere fast. Add me if you wish.
  • kathivg
    kathivg Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi Victoria,

I'm returning to the website after being away several months.

I am an emotional eater also, but I've also realized it isn't "just" me but what I eat that's making me eat. A lot of the "diet" foods and processed foods have chemicals that make the eater "addicted" which is why it's hard to stop at one serving, and also why that food is on the brain a lot.

I've been trying to eat "clean" which is to not eat processed foods, which have added fat, salt, and sugar, and chemicals I cannot pronounce or spell. It doesn't mean I cannot eat bread, but I need to make bread. I try to avoid breads and sweets anyway, as I find those things make me feel..."insane" (cravings and emotional eating). So far, when I do eat clean I feel so much better...but I don't eat clean 100%...it's very hard to do so.

One website I've found is very helpful is The Gracious Pantry (thegraciouspantry.com) which is run by a woman whose struggled with her weight, food addictions, and food sensitivity/allergies. She's not a dietitian or doctor or anything, just a regular wife and mom who's a blogger and "cleans" recipes. She has a recipe for English Muffins, which made me very happy.

All the best to you on your journey. Even when you arrive at your goal weight your journey will really just be beginning.
  • Roxiemini
    Options
    Hi there!

I'm Roxie and I'm 21 :)

I'm 5ft 3 and currently weigh 132lbs, my starting weight was 136lbs and I'm looking at getting down to anywhere from 121lbs to 114lbs

My biggest goal is toning up more than anything, I think that's my biggest issue.

This is the heaviest I've ever been in my life, and I would love to be closer to my pre-pregnancy size, I kind of stopped looking after myself as well as I could have after I had my little one. She is 3 now, so better late than never to do what I can to better my health! :)