Who gained the most weigh after turkey day

Options
13»

Replies

• margbarco
    margbarco Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Delayed reaction here. Scale was the same Friday morning, but today (Saturday) I’m up 2 pounds. No biggie, as I noticed my hands were visibly swollen this morning. I expect the obvious water retention to resolve in a few days.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,228 Member
    Options
    I really love how everyone is taking this in stride. It is just a day, and it's healthy to take a break. When that is around a table with friends and/or family, it's worth it. Well, maybe not the Salmonella that @mgooken is dealing with, but everything else.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,147 Member
    Options
    Skipped a day weighing (not fear; still off visiting so no scale). Thursday AM I was still on the high side from various birthday indulgences, 136 even. Ate all the foods, drank all the drinks, and ate over goal again Friday.

This morning (Saturday), 140.6, so up 4.6, not as bad as expected.

Estimating true gain from the two days at something in the 1-2 pound range, but don't have a great estimate of how that will net out on the scale given the birthday effects beforehand, partly but not entirely water/digestive contents weight. Next week or so will tell.

Not stressing: It burns no calories, and maybe increases cortisol, right? ;)
  • sarahlucindac
    sarahlucindac Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Rayvis1014 wrote: »
    I'll play! Mine went from 132 to 136.6. I wasn't going to weigh myself but decided to out of morbid curiosity, bahahaha.

Haha I did the same thing! Went from 146 to 150.2 literally overnight. Back down to 148 and I’m sure it’ll keep going down (also experiencing TOM).
  • OHFlamingo
    OHFlamingo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Nothing here! Yay! And I even had cheesecake!
  • renee464871
    renee464871 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was terrible on Thanksgiving. I gained the 3 lbs I had lost over the last 3 weeks. Maybe it's a good thing so that I will be better when the Christmas feasting comes around.
  • sydlovesscience
    sydlovesscience Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had a big gain 6.5 lb (up to 122.4) but mostly due to all the sodium and lost it by the next evening and am back to 117lb
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I gained 1 lb. from Thursday morning to Friday morning, then Saturday morning it was all gone plus more.
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    4lbs. Came back off by today when I weighed myself. Today is Thanksgiving part 2 so I expect the same tomorrow when I step on the scale.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    I'm not weighing myself until Sunday so don't know yet. I don't expect much change since I ate normal sized meals for me and stayed active.

Weighed in this morning .5 lb higher than last week. Not bad.
    Had fast food yesterday and have been eating Thanksgiving leftovers for meals since Thursday.
  • EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked yet- we celebrated the last two days, and I fly home this afternoon. I certainly enjoyed all the food and drink! I was ~1000 kcal over maintenance the last couple days, but I've been banking exercise for this reason. I did some good runs outside on Thursday and Friday as well. I expect I'll be up a couple pounds, mostly from water weight, but I don't doubt they'll be gone in a week.
  • AlyssaP1987
    AlyssaP1987 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    up 5. But i have been eating terrible all week long. Back on the train tomorrow
  • OHFlamingo
    OHFlamingo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I lost a pound!
  • EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I only gained 0.2 lbs between Wednesday and today. Yay!!
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure whether I've gained or lost a pound or two, but my clothes still fit and I was never bloated or glurgy. I had one plate with normal portions on Thanksgiving itself (which I didn't quite finish), and I've been having normal portions of leftovers in varying combinations since then. I didn't make anything outlandishly caloric or butter-drenched, my clothes still fit properly, and my stomach hasn't been upset, so I assume I veered closer to maintaining than gaining!
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Gained 2.2 lbs but all gone by Sunday morning.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Thursday morning I weighed 152.4 and this morning I weighed 157.4 :s I ate leftovers all weekend. However It's about that time of month for me so that adds to the problem.