2012 The Beginning

Options
Jimb376mfp
Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
edited November 2018 in Success Stories
My youngest son talked to me about my health/weight (376 Lb age 64). I joined WW January 2013 and still with the program. Changed my Lifestyle instead of losing weight. Enjoyed learning aqua aerobics, swimming laps, tried Tai Chi, kayak lesson, yoga, and volunteering SPCA.
2018 made GW 184 age 70. Lifetime WW member 5/10/18, on Maintenance six months.

Replies

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    I’m sure you’ve given your younger son a big hug more than once.

Congratulations!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, I'm sure he's very proud of you!
  • cowleyl
    cowleyl Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You've halved your weight! I also joined mfp in 2012 and have lost 34 kg (with a bit of yoyo-ing). I am 65, have about 12 kg to go. I have had double hip and double knee replacement as a result of being morbidly obese for years. I am enjoying activities I could only dream of. I think you and I have a similar message - it's never too late to lose weight and improve fitness.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    cowleyl wrote: »
    You've halved your weight! I also joined mfp in 2012 and have lost 34 kg (with a bit of yoyo-ing). I am 65, have about 12 kg to go. I have had double hip and double knee replacement as a result of being morbidly obese for years. I am enjoying activities I could only dream of. I think you and I have a similar message - it's never too late to lose weight and improve fitness.

Yes! From age 65 to 70 I changed my Lifestyle. I had back surgery 11/7/18 and can’t wait to get to water aerobics and get my mobility.

Congratulations to you too!
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    What you’ve done is huge! Congratulations on what you’ve accomplished and on the healthful years ahead :smile:
  • AmyC2288
    AmyC2288 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! Good for you! :)
  • lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Amazing. You look so healthy and happy. Well done.
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Turning 60 next week and so want to be to goal begorr ny 61st
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,311 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that's amazing!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!