Pizza crust

Options
Samithesizzler
Samithesizzler Posts: 13 Member
I started using the 2 ingredient dough for pizza dough that a friend who’s using weight watchers suggested to me. I really really like it but I was wondering if there’s any other pizza crust options that are low in calories? Please not cauliflower crust haha.
Incase you’re wondering the recipe is equal parts self rising flour and nonfat Greek yogurt. I use half cup and half cup.

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    If you're using a wheat flour dough, there really isn't much difference in calories among pizza crusts (most classic pizza crusts are actually lower in calories than the one you mentioned). The main difference is in the thickness of the crust and the toppings. Just use a crust you like and don't look for a "diet" version unless the diet version is what you like. Roll it thinner and go easy on the cheese if you want to lower the calories.
  • Samithesizzler
    Samithesizzler Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Dang I didn’t know that normal pizza crust was lower in calories 🙃. Idk how to make normal crust so I’ll have to look it up lol. Well darn.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    It's not a big difference, really. Classic crusts are just flour, water, and salt (plus yeast) - can't go any lower in calories than water. Some variations include olive oil, but then we're talking 2-3 tbsps for a whole large pizza or two. Unless you're making some crazy variation or almost frying your crust, the difference is 30-50 calories tops. Not worth looking for alternatives. Diet pizza crusts are usually made up to change the nutritional profile, not exactly calories. Lower carbs in case of vegetable crusts, and higher protein in case of the crust you mentioned.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    4idyona2oxf1.jpg

This is really good if you like thin crust. I find it at the Dollar Tree!! It's right around 400 calories for the whole 12 inch crust..depending on the weight. Sometimes it's a bit over/under what the package states for the weight.
  • melissalatzel25
    melissalatzel25 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I BUY WRAPS AND ADD TOMATO PASTE AND MUSHROOMS, BELL PEPPERS, NUTRITIONAL YEAST, BASIL OREGANO. . EZEKIEL WRAPS ARE GREAT 150 CALS EACH SO I HAVE 2 PIZZAS HEHE
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    A marinara pizza has no cheese and is very tasty. It's tomato sauce, oregano, basil, a cut up garlic clove, and a thin drizzle of EVOO. My favorite.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    If you're using a wheat flour dough, there really isn't much difference in calories among pizza crusts (most classic pizza crusts are actually lower in calories than the one you mentioned). The main difference is in the thickness of the crust and the toppings. Just use a crust you like and don't look for a "diet" version unless the diet version is what you like. Roll it thinner and go easy on the cheese if you want to lower the calories.

This^

I make my own yeast dough and roll it thin. You can buy wraps or tortillas that are low carb, lavash bread is lower calories....but they aren't pizza crust to me. It just depends on what you are willing to accept as "pizza."