Gestational diabetic

Options
jamiebrown16
jamiebrown16 Posts: 4 Member
I have recently been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I need help with some recipes, breakfast is my hardest meal of day. I have mainly been doing chicken, fruit, and veggies and I am starting to get bord with it. I need a way to mix it up. I also needs to be gluten free. I am having a tough time with it, so I am looking for help. Please and thank you. 😁

Replies

• maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    It was many years ago that I was diagnosed as having Gestational Diabetes. Did your Dr refer you to a dietician? If not ask, as that can be helpful. Scrambled egg, boiled and or poached egg. With or without bacon regular or Canadian bacon is good. Getting in protein and not lots of carbs. Toasted cheese sandwhich on gluten free bread, or tortilla of your choice. Smoothies can work as well, with fresh fruit, veges etc, protein powder but watch for corn syrup you do not want that in there and some smoothies are full of carbs. I am not saying carbs are bad, but I am thinking that you have been given some type of guidelines per meal.

Good Luck, I remember being given some big sheet that had suggestions and I think it stated how many carbs, and proteins, fats etc for each meal and snack. it did give me an idea of how to break up the day.

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    https://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/eating-well-menu/gestational-diabetes-diet.aspx
    https://www.babycenter.com/404_what-type-of-pregnancy-diet-should-i-follow-if-i-have-gestat_3128.bc

I know that you need to be gluten free, but maybe you can get some information by clicking the above links. But I think that it's your doctors responsibility to provide you with recommendations and guidance. Please follow-up with him/her.

Have you tried Cream of Wheat (it's gluten free), for breakfast? You can use Fair life Milk; higher in protein and lower in carbs, and top the cereal with a Pam-fried egg. Very satisfying.
  • jamiebrown16
    jamiebrown16 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you...I don't meet with the dietician until the end of the week. And the doctor wants to see some improvement by Wednesday, but I think they will understand. Thank you for your all help I appreciate it. 🙂