Where am i meant to get all this protein from + IIFYM

Options
want to try IIFYM, it says i must take in 207g of protein..where the hell am i meant to get all that from :( I have a 25g protein shake twice a day and also have eggs for breakfast and chicken or tuna for dinner? where am i meant to get all that from? also has anyone else seen weight loss from following a macro diet from this website?

Replies

• kaiodedra123
    kaiodedra123 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    right so ive tried to do a meal plan with the macros, im hitting the protein but lacking 6g from carbs and quite a bit from fats, two things is fat important? and how do i increase both with out increasing protein
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Just stay in your calorie budget and forget the macros. Unless you have some specific health issue or are planning on doing some serious body building there is no need to worry. You won't lose more weight eating a high protein diet if the calorie count is the same.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    207 is quite a lot of proein! Have you tried building up to that gradually?

6g of carbs is nothing, not sure what your question is but I'm fairly sure you can disreagrd such a small amount.

Fat is important, especially if it's the right kinfd of fat (from eggs, avocado, nuts, salomn etc)
  • BorntoROAR
    BorntoROAR Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Technically your body requires more energy to break down protein than it does to break down either fat or carbohydrates. Therefore, your BMR will be higher if you eat more protein. You must be careful to drink lots of water if you are on a high protein diet because it is filtered through your kidneys and too much protein without proper filtration (through water intake) could cause your kidneys to falter. This is why people who have kidney failure are advised to eat very low-protein diets. I'm not sure about IIFYM! I think that increasing your protein ratio is great because protein foods will keep you fuller longer, but if you want energy for those great long workouts, you need CARBS!!!!

Good luck in finding your balance. I eat quest bars. They are super delicious and 20 grams of protein per bar and no junk with a lot of fiber! (will keep those bowels moving!) I eat 3-4 quest bars a day. You can google quest bars and find their website if you are interested. The white chocolate raspberry ones are the best!! :) (of course, this is all only my opinion!! :)
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    You should be aiming for 0.8-1g of protein for each pound of lean body mass you have, that not 1g per pound you way, 1g per lbm. Work out your bf% and then take that off your current weight and bingo your lbm, each at that scale.

Another way ive seen people calculating it is 0.8-1g per pound of their ideal wieght
  • kaiodedra123
    kaiodedra123 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Okay Ive decided to try one week doing just a normal low calorie plan. Im working all next week (on my feet all day) and wanted to see how many calories id be eating..turns out its only 850..i know thats not enough for weight loss but i dont have time to eat and i dont even feel hungry, any advice?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Eat higher calorie foods, full fat dairy, eggs, cheese, nuts, peanut butter, avocado, pasta, rice, ....... You don't have to eat volume to get calories and you don't have to live on lettuce to lose weight.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Technically your body requires more energy to break down protein than it does to break down either fat or carbohydrates. Therefore, your BMR will be higher if you eat more protein. You must be careful to drink lots of water if you are on a high protein diet because it is filtered through your kidneys and too much protein without proper filtration (through water intake) could cause your kidneys to falter. This is why people who have kidney failure are advised to eat very low-protein diets. I'm not sure about IIFYM!

While this isn't totally inaccurate, the bioavailability of protein is already 'built in' to the calories per gram that we see on nutrition labels. In a bomb calorimeter, protein contains 7 calories per gram. In a human body, it contains 4 calories per gram. The thermic effect of a meal rises in proportion to the caloric total of the meal, not the constituents of the meal specifically.

Also, a healthy individual will not experience kidney issues with a high-protein diet as long as water intake is adequate. Chronic dehydration and insufficient calcium in conjunction with a high-protein diet has been linked to an increased prevalence of kidney stones.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Okay Ive decided to try one week doing just a normal low calorie plan. Im working all next week (on my feet all day) and wanted to see how many calories id be eating..turns out its only 850..i know thats not enough for weight loss but i dont have time to eat and i dont even feel hungry, any advice?

I'm curious as to why you don't have a daily calorie goal, or rather, why your calorie goal is zero.
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options

Why would you only eat 850? Calculate how much you're moving around during the day (your TDEE) and subtract like 500 calories from there and eat that much per day. You'd lose about a pound a week.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Where are your calculations coming from?