Looking for friends who do IF

Options
Here to track progress with intermittent fasting. I plan to do 1200 calories because that seems to work best for me. Please add if you need support or would like to provide support!

Replies

• smithmj_13
    smithmj_13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Foxtrot there’s a 16:8 Fast post under “Motivation and Support”. Just ran across it. :)
  • foxtrot1965
    foxtrot1965 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    smithmj_13 wrote: »
    Foxtrot there’s a 16:8 Fast post under “Motivation and Support”. Just ran across it. :)

Thanks!
  • akrammujtaba802
    akrammujtaba802 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Is intermittent fasting really effective?
  • hippysprout
    hippysprout Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Is intermittent fasting really effective?

Like any other eating method, it's only effective if you remain in a calorie deficit. If you IF without reaching a weekly deficit, you will not lose weight.

It doesn't matter which path you choose to get there, energy intake must be less than output consistently in order to be effective.
  • akrammujtaba802
    akrammujtaba802 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks.
  • Davidlily512
    Davidlily512 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Starting, I want to do this for my little boy and myself. After being 90/120 pound the max.. is taking me. Lot time to loose the weight.
    So I guess fasting will work.
    Can you please provide example of the schedule and meals.
    Thanks
  • kettlebell_Addict305
    Options
    Im doing 16/8 with a mix of omad
  • gymth0ttie
    gymth0ttie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine tried intermittent fasting, but I’m not sure how long she stuck with it, I think she said that t was too easy to cave in to cravings :(
  • kettlebell_Addict305
    kettlebell_Addict305 Posts: 55 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Its awesome
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Starting, I want to do this for my little boy and myself. After being 90/120 pound the max.. is taking me. Lot time to loose the weight.
    So I guess fasting will work.
    Can you please provide example of the schedule and meals.
    Thanks

fasting is not any better for weight loss than any other way of eating. you still need to be in a deficit to lose weight. I have dont IF 16:8/ 18:6 and I have gained weight(eating more than I burned), lost weight and maintaining weight. as for schedule its going to vary by person as for the meals its whatever you want to eat. there are no special meals or times. just what fits for you.
  • foxtrot1965
    foxtrot1965 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    gymth0ttie wrote: »
    A friend of mine tried intermittent fasting, but I’m not sure how long she stuck with it, I think she said that t was too easy to cave in to cravings :(

I've only been doing it for a couple weeks now but it seems easy to maintain. I'm not someone who grew up eating breakfast, so skipping breakfast is super easy. If I eat a few hundred cals for a late lunch at 2-3pm and the rest at dinner around 6-7 I can maintain that!
    Some days I do 16:8, but others I do 20:4. Peppermint teas and lots of non cal drinks like water when I'm not eating.
  • doubleIronDog
    doubleIronDog Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!