Ultimate Accountability Challenge-December Team Invitation

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member

1yi25u628pua.jpg

The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND an emphasis on life-changing healthy basic habits.

This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.

We enthusiastically welcome our returning veterans and newcomers too! The accountability is a daily report of:
1)More than 20 minutes of daily exercise;
2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories
4)Daily or every third day reporting of your fulfillment of the above.

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month
Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification!!

The December signup link is right here https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/129444-ultimate-accountability-challenge-december-2018

Replies

• fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    This group is really amazing, we are all here for the same aims, no weigh ins or Calories to put in, no judgement, great bunch of people! Come and join us, you will not be kicked out or ridiculed if you don't make the winners circle, the choice is yours...
  • ranchmimi
    ranchmimi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    This sounds like what I need to survive this coming month! November has been brutal on my accountability so I'm here to get it back together again! I'm a long term MFPer and have been successful at maintaining until lately! I'm ready to get back on board the losing train and this accountability sounds like it's for me so I am in!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,025 Member
    Options
    ranchmimi wrote: »
    This sounds like what I need to survive this coming month! November has been brutal on my accountability so I'm here to get it back together again! I'm a long term MFPer and have been successful at maintaining until lately! I'm ready to get back on board the losing train and this accountability sounds like it's for me so I am in!

You’ve come to the right place! The routines you will build in UAC will get you right back on track!

Please DO give yourself the first month to get the hang of things!!
  • allmannerofthings
    allmannerofthings Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Thanks @RangerrickL this is a great challenge - really helps me with consistency -see you in December!
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    @RangerRickL is a phenomenal team leader for this group with @craigo3154 a valuable co-leader. UAC is a fabulous informal group of team members devoted to leading a healthy lifestyle. We each strive for improvement knowing we have the support of others in the group whether we make the coveted "Winner's Circle" or not. The emphasis is on being present for accountability. No one is ever dismissed from the group....quite the contrary. If the number of pass days in a given month are exceeded, one is still encouraged to stay with us. Success is better achieved in the company of others! That is what our team members are for. Welcome to the group!!!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    k9zahtbp4w6c.jpg
    The UAC team members are great encouragers!
    We have team members from Australia; New Zealand; Italy; South Africa; the UK; Canada; and the United States.
    Join us for the toughest month of the year, December. We need each other!!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    We are getting ready to announce those team members who qualified for the November Winner's Circle. This is the incentive for those who fulfill the daily goals of tracking all caloric intake; intentionally exercising at least 20 minutes per day; and consuming less calories than their own chosen daily caloric goal.
    Each month, about 45 people begin the Ultimate Accountability Challenge and less than 12 actually fulfill the goals. Nonetheless, even those who are not in the Winner's Circle report significant positive weight loss or maintenance.
    Join us for the December Ultimate Accountability Challenge. See our December link in the first cell above.
    You are invited to join the best team in the MFP.
    Rick
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Although I run a different challenge, UAC is still my favourite.

By participating in UAC, I lost 25kg (50lbs) in 5 months, gone into full maintenance and kept the weight off for a further 12 months. I intend to be part of UAC for a long time.
    • UAC does not have weigh ins.
    • UAC does not not mandate exercise you cannot or do not want to do.
    • UAC is not competing against others.

What UAC is:
    • UAC is a fantastic community with daily discussion.
    • UAC builds healthy maintainable habits to manage your weight and your health.

Successful, long term, weight loss / weight management REQUIRES lifestyle adaption. Not diets. That is the core of UAC.

If you are looking for the BEST challenge on MFP. *** THIS IS IT ***

If you are SERIOUS about losing weight and intend to KEEP IT OFF, **FOREVER**. Then UAC is the challenge for you.

Look at UAC as an extra boost to help keep you on track for your goals during the Festive season.

• MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Try UAC for 2 months. The first month to get the hang of it. The 2nd month to SOAR.

UAC is like an insurance policy to me. I do these three little things, and I get to keep my new healthy body & life.

As the ad says “Try it! You’ll like it!”
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    gf9olt7frwax.png
    We encourage you and invite you to join us for the December Ultimate Accountability Challenge.
    Here is the link https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/129444-ultimate-accountability-challenge-december-2018
    RangerRickL
    or really, just, Rick
  • lessn00
    lessn00 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I love being in the UAC! It has worked well for me. I feel like I'm reaching goals along with others..not alone. The posts and pictures are entertaining and inspiring. This group has a very positive vibe and that is super important to me! Come join us in December!
  • SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Options
    I came across this link in another thread. I have never done a challenge group before. Can you tell me more? Is there any room left? How do I save your group to find you every day? Sorry I'm a new by when it comes to this stuff.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I came across this link in another thread. I have never done a challenge group before. Can you tell me more? Is there any room left? How do I save your group to find you every day? Sorry I'm a new by when it comes to this stuff.

Hi @SouthernMamaUnderConsruction (great name by the way!)

Yes, there is room! Welcome!

If click this: link:https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/129444-ultimate-accountability-challenge-december-2018

You will be able to join the December UAC Group.

To get back to it, click Challenges—> then click top left icon (which will list the groups you’ve joined)!!

• RangerRickL
    Options
    @SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Since the group is non-commercial, it's more like a small group. We usually start the month with up to 50 people, of which roughly half are multiple month participants. There are extroverts and introverts. There are marathoners and walkers. There are weight loss goal oriented folks and maintenance oriented folks. It's a delightful mix. Since I am a volunteer leader, this size group fits me and a wonderful group of team mates. You are welcome to join and try it out. If it works for you, that would be super and if it doesn't then you will not have lost anything.
    Please read the rules at the site.
    The foundational concept is that healthy lifetime positive change is not achieved through gimmicky one month challenges to accomplish the MOST or BIGGEST of anything.
    Lifetime changes require a change of habits...sort of like being a Southern Mama...under construction.
    Your friend, Rick
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    6blio0ulqw9m.jpg
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    82xw3mkidqsg.png
    Our November Ultimate Accountability Challenge Winners Circle Qualifiers are:
    @Bill70Strong
    @craigo3154
    @TerriRichardson112
    @jan110144
    @BMcC9
    @allmannerofthings
    @trimi1104
    @less100n00
    @MadisonMolly2017
    @roma49
    @w8goal4life
    @fourathomej
    @57discovery
    @windowqueen2003

It's not too late to join our December challenge!! See a link in the post above!
    Rick
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,201 Member
    Options
    I have enjoyed my first month with this fine bunch of supportive people. Building good habits is key to achieving my health and fitness goals, and UAC is helping me do that.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    What a great list plus we had several.people who barely missed with just 4 pass days. Great job everyone!

Plus. I want to shout out to everyone who missed this month's winner's circle but still stayed on plan more often than not and kept on tracking even though you went over your 3 pass days. You all are definity winners too!!
  • feelingbetterthanevernow
    Options
    I’m a newbie and saw post about the challenge supposed to come up under my challenges in my MyFitnessPal app but it doesn’t. I’m excited about starting this today a c don’t want to miss out! Already did my exercise! Good for me. Help plz!
  • SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Options
    Is there a link?